My room is pretty small, and right now with my computer sitting in here it is unbearably hot. I've been considering ways to cool it down without having to turn my computer off, my girl or I are rarely not using it for one thing or another.

So I"ve been checking out liquid cooling, it doesn't seem too terribly expensive to throw in, but my question is this: is it endothermic (absorbs heat), or will it just blow the heat into my room and fry me just like my fan does? It's not going to be a good summer if I don't do something soon........
See Jane. See Jane run. Run b*tch, run.
Liquid cooling works like a radiator in a car. The water absorbs the heat then is cooled off. You can get liquid cooling systems that have an external unit, but those are more expensive.
◑ ◔
╔═╗
▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
╚═╝
Always outnumbered, never outgunned...
Quote by i have to pee
Liquid cooling works like a radiator in a car. The water absorbs the heat then is cooled off. You can get liquid cooling systems that have an external unit, but those are more expensive.

thanks
Quote by amaqqut
thanks

I was responding to OP, but you're welcome I suppose.

Also, OP I would recommend getting more case fans instead. They might be louder, but are like $3 a piece. You might think "well they will just blow hot air all over the place" and that is a valid concern, except the more air moving through your heat sink, the less heat you PC will generate overall. Thus, they will be blowing cooler air and keeping your PC much cooler. And also, your case might not have enough room to hold a liquid cooling system.
◑ ◔
╔═╗
▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
╚═╝
No no no no.

No...

Liquid cooling is expensive, and 70% of the time no more effective than a case with good airflow and fan control. Don't bother, unless you're into over clocking your CPU and you need aggressive cooling to keep it stable.

There's no way your computer is so hot it's heating up your entire room to such a degree that you can't stand it. If it is, your computer shouldn't even be working right now because the internal temps would be through the roof.

They have these things called air conditioners and ceiling fans though. I recommend investing in one; Don't waste your money with unnecessary mods to your computer.
Get some case fans that are ~20 dBA so your PC won't sound like a 747 taking off.

Make sure they have decent airflow though.

EDIT: Wait, how the hell is your PC heating you room that much? It shouldn't be that hot, my temps are always under 40 degrees C and my room is not hot.
that must be a 30 year old guitar to heat your room. and computers that old wouldn't work that well for getting on UG. What gives?
"A guitar is the human soul, speaking with just six strings..."- Eddie Lee

Irvine Kinneas of the Final Fantasy Elite - PM me, Ichikurosaki, Gallagher2006, or Deliriumbassist to join!
Quote by skvvisgaar
that must be a 30 year old guitar to heat your room. and computers that old wouldn't work that well for getting on UG. What gives?
lol wut?

guitar =/= computer. You didn't know that?
Sorry for the rude awakening, but someone had to tell you.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
lol wut?

guitar =/= computer. You didn't know that?
Sorry for the rude awakening, but someone had to tell you.

But my guitar has works just like pr0nz. I get an erection every time I look at it!
◑ ◔
╔═╗
▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
╚═╝
Just take the case off your computer and clean it out, chances are it hasn't been cleaned for soo long that it's just got too much dust inside it.
its a custom machine, runs great I doubt its running too hot, I"ve had it for close to a year now so if it was grossly overheating it would probably affect performance by now. It's a full size case with an ATX board in it, I've got room if necessary but if a few $15 fans could solve the problem then I'll try lookin into that.

And that aquarium thing is NUTS! I wanna try that, but I'm gonna have to build a cheap rig to try it on in case I screw it up o.0
See Jane. See Jane run. Run b*tch, run.