Poll: Do you believe in afterlife?
Poll Options
View poll results: Do you believe in afterlife?
Yes.
139 50%
No.
141 50%
Voters: 280.
Page 1 of 7
I used to when I was younger, as I matured though I figured it was kinda b.s.....I mean look I'd love to think there is some form of afterlife but...Meh I dunno.
It would be awesome if there were but I wouldn't be disappointed if there wasn't.
Quote by brandooon
Buy both pickups. Rub icyhot on both of them. Sandwich your penis between them and walk to the nearest homeless shelter with your brand new icyhot penis sandwich.
No

why believe in something that no body has any proof of whatsoever
I love all forms of Rock 'n' Roll, past and NOT present
If Heaven or Hell can be referred to the "afterlife" (using that word sounds Hindu for some reason, lol), then yes, I do believe 100% in "afterlife". This is going to turn into a Christianity/Evolution thread or something of that extent.....lol
Got a question about Baritone guitars? Feel free to PM me.

Thanks to UG, I converted from Metalcore to some "real" Metal.
I believe that eventually a reincarnation might be possible. But not something like heaven.
D:
Signature.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
I believe there's no point thinking about it.

I agree. If I die and end up at some judgement or something, I'll just be like "Look man, I didn't know! It's not like I tried to be an ass or anything."
I'm sure it'll all work itself out.
Quote by markr17
go eat a hermanpherdite.
I really wish reincarnation was real (imo). Not saying that it isn't, for all you believers out there, I'm just saying that I don't personally.

I really want to travel the universe. Ive been getting into astronomy lately, and it just makes me sad knowing there are places out there (maybe with intelligent life) that I want to go to, and that I'll never do that in my life :/

I mean, just look at that. Theres a multitude of galaxies, some might be like our own, where there might be life there. I want to travel there and visit them, explore it and enjoy it.
Quote by Lil Macker
I voted 9, cause I would only let my mum give me a handjob...

Quote by brennsy
SathiaSun for president

Un-Banned! Boy, does it feel great to be back.
Join the Bear Grylls Foundation group!
Quote by petron92
your stupid if you don't believe

Yeah, I do believe, but thats not the way to get your point across.

Quote by petron92

What about my "stupid"?
Quote by TunerAddict,mdawg24
+Infinity

Listen to ExtremeMetalFTW, he knows what he is talking about...

Quote by vmanoman
I clicked System Restore and it said "System Restore Is Unable To Protect You".

^^SO KVLT!!
Quote by petron92

YOU'RE stupid if you don't know how to spell "you're" properly.
i believe in the religion thread

<.<
>.>

For really hilarious, and intersting comedy about religion, listen to David Cross's stuff LOL'd my ass off. (WARNING: If you are of any christian faith, DO NOT LISTEN TO SAID COMEDIAN, as you will cry)

TS, we'd all like to believe that, but it seems rather silly really. And even if i was shown irrefutable evidence () of an afterlife, i still wouldn't change my way of life just so that i got into to heaven, that's like a band selling out to make money
'08 Gretsch White Falcon
'98 Fender USA Deluxe Tele
'79 Greco Les Paul Standard
Airline Stratotone Crafter GAE8

A bunch of funky pedals

Handwired 50 Watt Plexi Lead Clone w/ Orange 4x12
Quote by druz15_UG

<.<
>.>

For really hilarious, and intersting comedy about religion, listen to David Cross's stuff LOL'd my ass off. (WARNING: If you are of any christian faith, DO NOT LISTEN TO SAID COMEDIAN, as you will cry)

TS, we'd all like to believe that, but it seems rather silly really. And even if i was shown irrefutable evidence () of an afterlife, i still wouldn't change my way of life just so that i got into to heaven, that's like a band selling out to make money

Dude no, listen to George Carlin's video. Just search "religion george carlin" or something on youtube.
Quote by druz15_UG

Heaven is supposed to be the place where "good" souls go to spend the afterlife, and seeing as what you said does make sense, heaven must not exist, because if it did it wouldn't condone such an act, yet in theory such an act would work and get you into heaven, so to me the sheer contradiction of that idea alone is strong evidence against heaven (and I guess hell as well, as a result).
Last edited by AVA_Plus44_182 at Mar 19, 2008,
I wish I could believe in an after life, but it just doesn't seem possible.
Quote by Meths

Obviously I'm biased towards the correct point of view. What kind of retard isn't?

Quote by Ichikurosaki
And eventually find a gang of space demons who will rape you until you are dead

Emphasis on the "And enjoy it" Its not rape... more like surprise sex. Even with a bunch of space demons. How ****ing metal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Quote by Lil Macker

Quote by brennsy
SathiaSun for president

Quote by SathiaSun
I really wish reincarnation was real (imo). Not saying that it isn't, for all you believers out there, I'm just saying that I don't personally.

+1

I'm an atheist, so I believe once you're dead, you're gone, but I'd much rather come back as something else than sit in an eternal nonexistence.
Quote by freedoms_stain
I want to, but the common sense in me says it's unlikely.

How many threads is this dude gonna start today?

I'm betting on 4 more before he calls it a night
Quote by AVA_Plus44_182
Heaven is supposed to be the place where "good" souls go to spend the afterlife, and seeing as what you said does make good sense, heaven must not exist, because if it did it wouldn't condone such an act, yet in theory such an act would work and get you into heaven, so to me the sheer contradiction of that idea alone is strong evidence against heaven (and I guess hell as well, as a result).

No, Heaven is the place where those who have accepted Jesus as their Lord and Savior will go after death, Hell will be for those who do not, and there will be no second chances to redeem yourself after death, this life is the time and place for you to decide your eternal fate.

Last edited by Metalcoresoul at Mar 19, 2008,
The burden of proof is on the believer. So, for now, there's no evidence, so I don't believe.
Quote by AVA_Plus44_182
Heaven is supposed to be the place where "good" souls go to spend the afterlife, and seeing as what you said does make good sense, heaven must not exist, because if it did it wouldn't condone such an act, yet in theory such an act would work and get you into heaven, so to me the sheer contradiction of that idea alone is strong evidence against heaven (and I guess hell as well, as a result).

yeah, cuz god couldn't say 'oh but you only did it to get into heaven, therefore u go to hell' because u still lead a good life, just for the wrong reason, but he couldn't let u in, because you did it for the wrong reason, which in turn is wrong. Maybe they cancel out and u go to limbo or perjury. It's like a paradox
'08 Gretsch White Falcon

A bunch of funky pedals

Quote by Metalcoresoul
No, Heaven is the place where those who have accepted Jesus as their Lord and Savior will go after death, Hell will be for those who do not, and there will be no second chances to redeem yourself after death, this life is the time and place for you to decide your eternal faith.

This is what has always bothered me. That's such a small margin that will be accepted into heaven. If this were the case, personally I'd rather go to hell.
D:
Signature.
Quote by Metalcoresoul
No, Heaven is the place where those who have accepted Jesus as their Lord and Savior will go after death, Hell will be for those who do not, and there will be no second chances to redeem yourself after death, this life is the time and place for you to decide your eternal faith.

Amen!
Proud member of the r0k 4 Chr15† club, PM christianbassis oe teh raven to join
My guitars-
Ibanez RX-40 (Had it since I was six lol )
A spanish classical guitar
Quote by Metalcoresoul

Okay, so a young Cambodian boy who is forced by his parents to worship buddha for example, he lives a good life, helping people etc, until he tragically dies aged 10.
He goes to hell because he was never given a chance to discover jesus? Hardly fair. You are sadly misinformed my friend

(note to poster, DO NOT fight me on this, I am an atheist however I am intelligent and attended a Catholic school for 13 years, you cannot win *evil laugh*)
'08 Gretsch White Falcon

A bunch of funky pedals

Quote by druz15_UG
yeah, cuz god couldn't say 'oh but you only did it to get into heaven, therefore u go to hell' because u still lead a good life, just for the wrong reason, but he couldn't let u in, because you did it for the wrong reason, which in turn is wrong. Maybe they cancel out and u go to limbo or perjury. It's like a paradox

Doing good works is going to get you no where as far as whether you will be admitted into Heaven, it is by faith in Jesus Christ alone.

Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me - John 14:6

It's as simple as accepting Him into your life, that is it, endo story. There are no commands or rules that you have to follow, and the best part about it is, you can be forgiven of your sins and you can NEVER lose your Salvation, EVER! So after you accept Him, you are going to Heaven for good, nothing can hinder that.

i believe loosely in reincarnation. not that if youre a bad person, you'll come back as a lower life form and what not, but i believe two people can share a soul.
but sometimes i dont believe in anything really.
but soemtimes i just don't give a ****.
Looks like someone woke up on the wrong side of the cake this morning!

yeah, that's an inside joke. i made it different colors and sizes to be obnoxious...
Quote by Metalcoresoul
Doing good works is going to get you no where as far as whether you will be admitted into Heaven, it is by faith in Jesus Christ alone.

Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me - John 14:6

It's as simple as accepting Him into your life, that is it, endo story. There are no commands or rules that you have to follow, and the best part about it is, you can be forgiven of your sins and you can NEVER lose your Salvation, EVER! So after you accept Him, you are going to Heaven for good, nothing can hinder that.

There are plenty of christians who rape, murder, steal, pillage, partake in pedophilia, and are all around obnoxious. They all go to heaven?
D:
Signature.
I believe in reincarnation, what happens to you in the next life depends on what you've learned in this one.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by druz15_UG
Okay, so a young Cambodian boy who is forced by his parents to worship buddha for example, he lives a good life, helping people etc, until he tragically dies aged 10.
He goes to hell because he was never given a chance to discover jesus? Hardly fair. You are sadly misinformed my friend

I'm a young cambodian boy who was a "buddhist" for his younger years because his parents were. When i got old enough to think for myself, i denounced religion and called shenanigans!
Quote by Lil Macker

Quote by brennsy
SathiaSun for president

Quote by Metalcoresoul

So a guy accepts Jesus, murders people everyday with a chainsaw, all the while truly feeling guilty and asking to be resolved, but still doing it every day, goes to heaven?

Hitler is about to die, and seconds before, he accepts jesus and asks for forgiveness, heaven?

The thing is, god can't have double standards, so in both cases these people will get into heaven
'08 Gretsch White Falcon

A bunch of funky pedals

Quote by druz15_UG

(note to poster, DO NOT fight me on this, I am an atheist however I am intelligent and attended a Catholic school for 13 years, you cannot win *evil laugh*)

I will most definetly "fight" you on this, and anyone else who disagrees with me I am more than willing to answer any questions they may have.

We all have witnessed evidence accounting to Jesus' existence and the fact that God created the Earth. Ever taken the time to look in a Biology book and discover just how complex our body is? Or how the Earth is set at the PERFECT distance from the Sun? Or how the entire cycle of life works? What about life itself? There is so much going for Christianity/Creationism.

Kids who cannot grasp the concept of Christ (there is no set age, but it most likely be 12-14 IMHO) will go to Heaven, just like all the babies who are murdered in their mothers womb. If that is a true story, he went to Heaven.

Quote by Atomic48
There are plenty of christians who rape, murder, steal, pillage, partake in pedophilia, and are all around obnoxious. They all go to heaven?

we win, because christians don't believe in gravity
'08 Gretsch White Falcon

A bunch of funky pedals

I'm waiting for any of the 13 yes voters to say what it is that makes them so sure. There is actually no reason whatsoever to believe other than a "well, someone told me it was true". Reasons such as "I just know it" "I just have faith" or "just because" are ridiculous so don't even try them.
Quote by Metalcoresoul
I will most definetly "fight" you on this, and anyone else who disagrees with me I am more than willing to answer any questions they may have.

We all have witnessed evidence accounting to Jesus' existence and the fact that God created the Earth. Ever taken the time to look in a Biology book and discover just how complex our body is? Or how the Earth is set at the PERFECT distance from the Sun? Or how the entire cycle of life works? What about life itself? There is so much going for Christianity/Creationism.

Kids who cannot grasp the concept of Christ (there is no set age, but it most likely be 12-14 IMHO) will go to Heaven, just like all the babies who are murdered in their mothers womb. If that is a true story, he went to Heaven.

But what if age doesn't need to be taken into regards? There are full grown adults in other countries who have never even heard of Jesus. What eternal fate gets thrust upon them?
D:
Signature.
Quote by druz15_UG
we win, because christians don't believe in gravity

Quote by Adam_G
I'm waiting for any of the 13 yes voters to say what it is that makes them so sure. There is actually no reason whatsoever to believe other than a "well, someone told me it was true"

No. Someone hasn't told me why it is true. With substantial hard evidence that when you die, you go to heaven or something.
Quote by Lil Macker

Quote by brennsy
SathiaSun for president

Quote by Adam_G
I'm waiting for any of the 13 yes voters to say what it is that makes them so sure. There is actually no reason whatsoever to believe other than a "well, someone told me it was true". Reasons such as "I just know it" "I just have faith" or "just because" are ridiculous so don't even try them.

And you will find few takers, very few people intelligent people are going to bother arguing with the close minded.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm