This is probably a shot in the dark, but what the hell. I'm looking for input from people that have actually used/played this amp, please don't reply if you've got no actual experience with the amp.

A friend of mine recently got signed and is finishing up his album. I'll be playing guitar for him once the shows are booked. I'm going to need a lot of versatility, which is why I've seriously been looking into the Vetta 2. I've played it before and I'll be stopping by GC later this week to spend some more time with the amp. My question to you guys is, has anyone gigged with this amp before? I know it's phenomenal in the studio, I know a few guys who use the Vetta 2 exclusively, but I've yet to hear one in a gig setting.

I'm sure it'll be perfectly fine in a gig setting. With all the I&O options I don't even need to mic the amp, I can feed it directly to the PA and/or soundboard. I can always mic it if I'm not happy with the results.

Vai's opening act on the String Theories tour was Mark Wood. The guitarist in that band was using the Flextone III 2x12 stereo combo on tour, which was surprising. I'll also be trying out and considering the Flextone III. It did sound good and managed to cut through with that entire band Mark Wood has going on. The sound in general from the entire band wasn't the best to go by, the mix for the opening act is always ****. The Flextone III did seem like it can hold it's own live though.

Anyone?
both are pretty good amps if you need a lot of versatility, I like the Vetta quite a bit and used a Vetta I when I played in a cover band. It's good if you need to make drastic sound changes a lot. But still, you can get a lot of different sounds out of similarly priced tube amps. So unless you need a whole bunch of wildly different presets, I would get a good tube amp.

and yeah it's fine for gigging.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
my buddy who i always jam with just got rid of his and got one of those new line 6 tube amps (which are pretty good IMO). the vetta II has a lot of options. too many though, you could spend days just messing with the controls (which is pretty much what he would do whenever we would jam). plus it didnt model tones very well. the cab had way too much bass, and not enough midrange. he would play it side by side with my JCM900, and the 900 model on the vetta wasn't even close. not a great amp in my opinion. get something else. the line 6 bogner amps are pretty good, if you really want a line 6
Traynor YCV50 Blue
epi les paul w/ SD Alnico II pros
Dunlop Slash Wah
EH Deluxe Memory Boy
Moen Jimi Vibe
Danelectro Cool Cat Fuzz
Zvex Vexter Fuzz Factory
VHT 2x12 w/ V30's
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
both are pretty good amps if you need a lot of versatility, I like the Vetta quite a bit and used a Vetta I when I played in a cover band. It's good if you need to make drastic sound changes a lot. But still, you can get a lot of different sounds out of similarly priced tube amps. So unless you need a whole bunch of wildly different presets, I would get a good tube amp.

and yeah it's fine for gigging.

For his stuff, I'll need the versatility of one of these amps - ambient cleans and leads, pop/funk rhythm tones, and a few different lead settings. I've already got my Carvin Legacy combo, which I'm still trying to decide if I want to go through with selling. I might hang on to it. It's an amazing lead players amp, but I won't be playing what I usually do. The Vetta 2 just might fit the bill. Plus, it'd come in handy in the studio.

Quote by psychokiller99
my buddy who i always jam with just got rid of his and got one of those new line 6 tube amps (which are pretty good IMO). the vetta II has a lot of options. too many though, you could spend days just messing with the controls (which is pretty much what he would do whenever we would jam). plus it didnt model tones very well. the cab had way too much bass, and not enough midrange. he would play it side by side with my JCM900, and the 900 model on the vetta wasn't even close. not a great amp in my opinion. get something else. the line 6 bogner amps are pretty good, if you really want a line 6

I've heard from some other guys who use the Vetta 2 that there's quite a learning curve that comes with it, that won't be a problem though. Too much bass and not enough midrange? Maybe that was due to the way he EQ'd the amp, I've yet to notice that problem. Meshuggah uses the Vetta 2, talk about midrange and a tight low end! I've spent time with the Spider Valve in the past, wasn't impressed at all. If I was on a budget, I'd take the Flextone III over the Spider Valve.
The Flextone 3 is amazing live. My friend Neil uses one, and the versatility is awesome. He said it is one of the best SS amps he has played, and for being a tube purist, that is saying a lot.
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
I saw videos of some kid A/B'ing a Flextone III with his Road King. Of course the Road King has a fuller, ballsier sound, but the Flextone III was keeping up pretty well. Which Flextone does your friend use, the 1x12 or the stereo 2x12? I know the 2x12 has more I&O options.