Hey all... so.. wow im really disappointed and let down.

I just received my new DSL100 and 1960AX cab today. Plugged it all in perfectly and in order according to the manual. 16ohm jack to 16ohm input, Power switch on for about 2-3 minutes before standby switch.

All I'm getting is a hum from the cab and some feeble notes when i play the guitar, which eventually gets overrun by hum.

Any ideas as what the hell is going on and what to do? I highly doubt there's a tube problem and I highly doubt the speakers wouldve been damaged as it they were both packaged very well and brand new.

Thanks.
Gear
Good Guitars
Good Pedals
Good Amps

That is all.
try a different cable, if not then try different cab...who knows whats wrong with it, good luck thoug.
Quote by RetroGunslinger
this is like comparing a flushing toilet to a hole in the ground
False alarm, everything's fine.

This being my first tube amp, is it normal to smell a slight..'burning' ..smell or should I stop immediately?
Gear
Good Guitars
Good Pedals
Good Amps

That is all.
burning smell?? hmm well my amp gives off a weird smell too, but burning? I dont know..
Quote by RetroGunslinger
this is like comparing a flushing toilet to a hole in the ground
Quote by fifer
burning smell?? hmm well my amp gives off a weird smell too, but burning? I dont know..

Yeah, i wouldn't say it was a literal burning smell, just strange. Hopefully its normal, since the tubes do get pretty hot.
Gear
Good Guitars
Good Pedals
Good Amps

That is all.
If it's been packaged for a while, it could just be dust getting cooked, that has a weird smell.

But burning isn't a good smell, you should probably double check that everything's plugged in correctly.