figgered i'd move this into GG&A cuz this is my home! lol

my tube is still dead...i gotta get one more fuse for it before it's back up an runnin lol. so i used my practice amp again. just improvising over a backing track working a lil bit with harmonic minor scale, dont be too harsh i've just started getting into that. i know there are some parts where my speed is slightly behind what it should be but like i said, stretching the fingers a lil farther (as i'm soooo used to minor pentatonic licks!!) for the harmonic minor phrases causes me to lag some.

but all in all i always have fun trying different scales and hope you find some things you like about it. as usual i'm welcome to criticism but would prefer you don't bash me to unholy degrees and/or label me as some kind of poser/tool or wutever.

thanks for takin a look see! oh yea and i know it cut off before the end b/c for some reason my camera turned off after a few minutes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSKAvXzt1mk
*Agile AL3000 Les Paul w/ Alnico IIs
*Randall RM50
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
well i guess that's one opinion. care to tell me why
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
digitech whammy is always fun
"Prefiero morir parado que vivir siempre arrodillado" - Ernesto "El Che" Guevara de la Serna (1928 - 1967)
yea im jus waitin for brotha man to explain why he thought it sounded awful. unless he's just talking about the tone...which i couldn't really do much w/ that practice amp to get it really nice. believe it or not the mids are way higher than the highs.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
i guess i'll just call it a night and hit this up again tommorow afternoon or somethin. g'nite to all of UG...

but UG never sleeps....

My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
I'm giving you my honest opinion. Nothing personal...not trying to be the typical internet asshole...just giving my own personal opinion.

From the beginning....VERY wanky...almost pointless...alot of it was out of key with the backing track too. No musical quality to it, just some pointless noise over a backing track.

Towards the end, you did do some pretty cool stuff with the whammy, can't take that from you. But to me, it gets old pretty fast. Again, a cool effect, but very little musicality.

While your playing isn't horrible, you really need to concentrate on playing in a more musically oriented fashion. Most of us (or I'd like to hope so) can bend and vibrato some random notes.

Again, this is meant to be constructive...not a jab at you.

Thanks, and keep rocking!
when you do the dive with the whammy try to aim for a certain pitch that will fit musically with the background music. It'll sound better that just a dive to a nothing note.

it sounds like you switched scales throughout the song, and musically it didn't fit (to my ears at least)

focus on bending to the note you are trying to.

but yeah dude keep jamming out and having fun.
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Tribute (Bare Knuckle Nailbombs)
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul (Seymour Duncan Pegasus and Sentinent)
-Ibanez S470 (Dimarzio D-sonic and Humbucker from Hell)
-PRS SE Custom (Guitarforce Black Diamond and Lord of the Blues)

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
EVH 5150III EL-34 50w
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Boss Super Chorus
Bogner Uberschall
Ibanez DE7 Delay
Electro-Harmonix Power Booster
Fender PT100 Pedal Tuner

Strings:
Ernie Ball Skinny Top/Heavy Bottom 10-52
yea that whammy is a b!tch to hit the pedal down steady, it likes to go smooth-then click and stall- and then move smoothly down again.

well i didn't think the playing was all that bad, im definitely more of a blues rock player but i'm tryin to get the hang of more exotic sounding scales. to each their own, but i wasn't really just hitting random notes, just the notes that were in (well what i got off the internet anyways) the harmonic scale.

but hey, i'm still world's ahead of where i was a year ago. and next year i'll be even farther. thanx for critiquing
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
Your guitar sounded slightly out of tune. Maybe I'm too anal about being in tune, but anytime I listen to something where someones out of tune it makes it hard for me to enjoy listening to what they're playing. Don't take any of this personal, just looking to help.

1 - Your phrasing is lacking. There's potential, but you seem to lose direction and go nowhere with it. Phrasing isn't about cramming in as many notes as possible or speed. Focus on playing something that flows from note to note, rather than hitting random notes on the neck.

2 - Letting notes ring out once in a while doesn't hurt.

3 - As basic as this sounds, repetition can be a good thing. If somethings worth hearing once, it's worth hearing again. If you find a phrase that you happen to like, stick with it and find ways to expand on that idea.

4 - Accuracy. Pretty self-explanatory. Every musician can always work on accuracy no matter what skill level.

5 - The whammy is a cool pedal, but needs to be used creatively in order to keep anyones attention for more than a few seconds. Too much playing around with it ends up sounding like noise.

None of that is in no way meant to bring you down, just some pointers on how to clean up your playing. Keep it up, you're getting there.
^can't say it better, so i'll just reiterate, that for me, it seemed as if you were playing random notes, completely independent of the backing track.

nice room.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011