anywhere between 8-36 and 13-60 should work fine.

It all comes down to the set-up.
Quote by kyrreca
If your EQ looks like this your audience will look like this
Quote by Cofflecakes
anywhere between 8-36 and 13-60 should work fine.

It all comes down to the set-up.

8-36 ? i highly doubt they even make strings that light but even if they did that would be horrible for drop c
Quote by aig91
"It doesn't get much beter than that! Ok, maybe a free ibanez guitar and marshall half-stack in perfect condition would be better, but free pancakes comes right behind that"

Quote by neptune1988
"My tone should be like me........FAT! "
any strings should be fine, but the thicker sets will give you issues with fret buzz and force you to have absurdly high action
Suhr Custom, Flaxwood Rautia or Grosh Tele thru
HBE Medicine Bawl Wah
Analogman BiComp
Texas Two Step OD
Fulltone Ultimate Octave/Fuzz
Boss CE-2
TC Nova Delay
SLO-100, 65 London or Bogner Shiva
Ask me about any of this stuff!
either way i still would use my 7string before i tune to drop c lol
Quote by aig91
"It doesn't get much beter than that! Ok, maybe a free ibanez guitar and marshall half-stack in perfect condition would be better, but free pancakes comes right behind that"

Quote by neptune1988
"My tone should be like me........FAT! "
i use these http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/DR-Strings-TiteFit-Jeff-Healey-Electric-Guitar-Strings-Medium?sku=105243

and i play in standard D. the thickest string is really tight (thought i'm not complaining), so i imagine dropping that down a note will still work really nicely. will require more hardware adjustment though!
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
I play in drop C currently and I use ernie ball not even slinky..they are gauged 12-56 and they should work fine for you
Guitars
LTD MH-100QMNT
Ibanez RG270
Squire Stagemaster 7string

Amps
Randall Titan head
Randall XL cab with celestions

Pedals
Modded Boss Metal Zone
Dimebag wah
Dan electro fish n chips
Korg Pitchblack tuner
Quote by TJ Wise
I play in drop C currently and I use ernie ball not even slinky..they are gauged 12-56 and they should work fine for you
but, can you even bend?
Quote by FRDesign
but, can you even bend?

You get used to it. 12-56 is what I use.
Jackson RR5 Rhoads
ESP Viper 400
Epiphone Les Paul EMGs (81/85)
Edwards E-CY-165CTM
FJA Modded ENGL Powerball Halfstack
Framus Cobra + Avatar 4x12 Greenbacks
Anything higher than .54 is overkill. You don't need a 12-56 for drop c. It's not that low. My friend uses that gauge for drop c, i helped set up his guitar, it played horribly, way way wayyy too tight. I would suggest 11's from ghs (11-50) boomers that is or for more tension go for ernie ball 11-54.

I use Power Slinkies on my Strat, Hybrid Slinkies on my SG and the GHS Zakk Wylde set used to be on my EC-1000 before I traded it. All work fine for drop C.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
11's should be fine. I prefer heavy strings (12-52 E-standard/ 13-56 C-standard), but you don't need to go that heavy unless you just like the feel.

For drop C you really only have to worry about the low C flubbing out on ya. Keep that in the >48 range and your golden.
i would say 10-52 at least but your better off going with 11s or even 12s
Gear:
ESP ltd MH-1000
Jackson DK2T
Bugera 6262-212
Roland Cube 30X

I Was at Download 07/08/09/10 Because I'm not a Cheap Bastard and I'm Damn Proud!
I use 12-56 for standard B tuning and they feel the same as 9 in standard E tuning. So i'd go for 11's.
Also depends on your neck scale. Mine is 25 1/2". If you have a shorter neck you'll need thicker strings.