Kay I pose the question that I have moderately quick fingers but was wondering, Is there anything I can eat/drink to increase speed? also if oyu say to practise or that it's a neck problem I've already tried those.

Serious Answers are always prefered.
Last edited by thepusher at Mar 19, 2008,
Drink WD-40.
45 days without my precious UG...
CURSE YOU LOLWUT PEAR!!!

Quote by eggo_boi_15
Arnt the first few things anyone learns on a guitar is

1. Nirvana - smells like teen spirit
2. Prince - Smoke on the water
3. White stripes - seven nation army
Eat some muff. That will help. With more than finger speed
Quote by thepusher
Kay I pose the question that I have moderately quick fingers but was wondering, Is there anything I can eat/drink to increase speed? also if oyu say to practise or that it's a neck problem I've already tried those.

Take some heroin
Quote by thepusher

practise more

Nah, theres nothing ive ever heard of or come across that would make any difference in your playing. I suppose coffee might wake you up more and get you a bit more on the ball.

Also playing guitar when drunk is fun
Eating healthy. Eat healthy. To eat healthy. Become one with the healthy food.

then practice your ass off.
Ibanez s540 with gold Schaller bridge and OMGGOLD hardware

Ibanez RGR320 with Lo-Edge Pro bridge and scalloped fretboard

Lee Jackson XLSC - 500

Roland Microcube

Dunlop Jazz III black
Sell your soul to the devil

Quote by imgooley

this isn't the blues forum imgooley
Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Jeremy Clarkson is a knob.
banana's mate.... surgeons eat them to gain more agility and it works on guitar... try to stay away from carbs though... that can hinder reaction time
get a grip master pro and and alternate between sqeezing that at school or whever all day then dedicate at least a half hour to just doing scale work and such. I know that'll work.
Quote by MASTER JiMMY
Stop failing, and things will work out.
Quote by pinksalmon
this is the dumbest thread ever

Quote by pinksalmon
get a grip master pro and and alternate between sqeezing that at school or whever all day then dedicate at least a half hour to just doing scale work and such. I know that'll work.

Change your mind?

Fucking jackass

EDIT
Gripmaster effects strength not agility too...

Ancestral Ring of Conquest
Binds when picked up
Unique
Finger
+32 Strength
+21 Agility
+30 Stamina
Requires Level 70
███
██████████
███████████
██████
████████
ha jackass? hide behind the walls of the interwebz and talk poo. it's not your filthy language but your ignorance that ruffles my feathers. first off he's asking for a drink or food(i say so stupid it's ban worthy) second he's asking speed not agilty and third strength training and strechting increase both speed and agility. but from the IQ your posts are radiating I wouldn't expect you too know any of that. Good day sir
Quote by MASTER JiMMY
Stop failing, and things will work out.
Quote by pinksalmon
ha jackass? hide behind the walls of the interwebz and talk poo. it's not your filthy language but your ignorance that ruffles my feathers. first off he's asking for a drink or food(i say so stupid it's ban worthy) second he's asking speed not agilty and third strength training and strechting increase both speed and agility. but from the IQ your posts are radiating I wouldn't expect you too know any of that. Good day sir

Lmao and you call me ignorant? Building muscle mass without purposefully training for speed will only slow the fingers down, muscle doesn't mean speed, in many cases it's a fine balance which would be offset by only training up the muscle since the added mass and bulk will only hinder any agility there previously was

Secondly posting 'this is the dumbest thread ever' is spam and warning-worthy...

EDIT
And 'Definition: nimbleness, deftness (physical or mental)'

I believe you need to be nimble, not fast, when playing a guitar, since your fingers have to move with speed while changing direction, as opposed to 'speed' which can be in one direction without accounting for any other directional movement, so technically if a guitar player wants increased finger speed, they want increased finger agility or 'nimble-ness'
Last edited by tushmeister at Mar 19, 2008,
Quote by Carswell98

I'm trying to bring the joy of the muff to everyone. Is that so wrong?
Quote by Carswell98

Hmm, sounds like something a bluesman would do though.
Quote by maccas666
Hmm, sounds like something a bluesman would do though.

Bluesmen are hardcore son.
Quote by thepusher

Serious Answers are always prefered.

Im assuming you are talking about quick fingers in regards to guitar playing?

The only way to do it is to practice at getting those fingers more efficient. Each finger needs to be independant of each other and when fretting, you dont want to lift your fingers off the strings too far, only enough to not cause unnecessary muting or harmonics.

The way you train speed is with a metronome. You have to start of painfully slow so that your brain learns the motion of your fingers. You have to gradually move up in speed over a period of weeks/months/years even and each time aiming for the fretting hands movements to be as efficient as possible. The more efficient and the more accurate your playing becomes, the faster and more CLEAN your guitar playing becomes. I can shred but when I really go for it, Im not that clean, Im actually very sloppy but the methodology of slow practice and building finger effficiency is important.

Go to the Advanced Techniques forum and look for Freepowers threads on left and righ hand finger techniques on this issue. I hope this has helped.
Sat in a lab, curing diseases. They actually LET me play with chemicals!
Quote by imgooley

blueberry or chocolate chip?
i need to hear some sounds that recognize the pain in me, yeah.