http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7303801.stm

So their daughter is still missing 10 months on and they're more interested in money.

The parents who left their baby to get snatched get more rewards.

Disgrace

They should be prosecuted.
I'm sick of this madeline thing. Why is there such a fuss over her? Kids go missing every day and yet the media has a field day over this one kid? Why?
I doubt the girl will ever be found. If anyone (other than the kidnapper) knew where she was they would have said something by now. If Madeline is alive, only the people responsible know where she is, and I don't think they will be giving her back to her parents. I think it is more likely she is dead, and only the person who killed her knows what happened to her. That would explain why nobody has seen her.
I think the papers should apolagise. It must be devastating to read stories accusing (rightly or wrongly on your opinion) you of being a bad parent, neglect, etc. Even this

The Express said it accepted that a "number of articles in the newspaper have suggested that the couple caused the death of their missing daughter Madeleine and then covered it up".

The money is going to the Find Madeline fund, and even if it didn't I wouldnt have a problem with it going to them. Compensation for slander if you will. I can guarantee there are far worse parents out there than the McCanns, they just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time
Originally posted by Diminishedfaith

6. Lied? Would I?
10. Done LSD? who's she?
17. Cheated on someone? it was an accident, i didnt remember i had the gameshark on.....
41. Been called a *****?yes, they rate me 5 stars...
46. Kissed someone in a moving vehicle?no, i dont have insurance
If this girl was a black lower class girl and not a cute blonde upper middle class girl we wouldnt of even seen this in the paper. If you leave your young children alone in a room no matter how close to you, you are stupid. Not just because they can get stolen, what if one chokes etc? They should of hired a sitter as I know most resorts have them.
I suspect they killed her and it was an accident, that might be far-fetched as I haven't examined all the evidence but I'm sticking with it.

They must have made a fortune from the 'find Maddy' campaign or whatever (those that contributed are unbelievably stupid), no doubt they'll be investing a lovely new house soon enough.
The case got "Archived" IN Portugal a long time ago. They were prosecuted, lack of evidence fails.
Quote by Mathamology
The money is going to the Madeline Fund.

10 months later, its a complete waste of money that could be put to better use.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Quote by Blompcube
10 months later, its a complete waste of money that could be put to better use.

better use than trying to find their child? What would you rather do with their money?

6. Lied? Would I?
10. Done LSD? who's she?
17. Cheated on someone? it was an accident, i didnt remember i had the gameshark on.....
Quote by thebassmaster
better use than trying to find their child? What would you rather do with their money?

Look its been 10 months or over of worldwide attention. The child is not going to be found by pouring in a few more pounds, im sorry.
I hate the McCanns, speaking of McCanns, I heard a rather good joke today:

Shannon Matthews' UK leg of the European hide and seek championsips finished today after a disappointing start. Her spokesman said she will still take on the European Champion Madeleine McCann at Potugal though.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Quote by Feel bad inc.
Look its been 10 months or over of worldwide attention. The child is not going to be found by pouring in a few more pounds, im sorry.

I understand where your coming from, but the money that they are now receiving from the papers isnt donations, its money they are getting from the papers spreading gossip about them, from stories that are unproven like they killed Madeline(not saying they arent true, but if they are not it must be a real kick in the teeth for them) So its their compensation they are using. If they want to use it for that purpose, then fine. If they want to keep it, thats fine. I think the papers were bang out of order and should have just let the police worry about it.

6. Lied? Would I?
10. Done LSD? who's she?
Quote by thebassmaster
I understand where your coming from, but the money that they are now receiving from the papers isnt donations, its money they are getting from the papers spreading gossip about them, from stories that are unproven like they killed Madeline(not saying they arent true, but if they are not it must be a real kick in the teeth for them) So its their compensation they are using. If they want to use it for that purpose, then fine. If they want to keep it, thats fine. I think the papers were bang out of order and should have just let the police worry about it.

I guess its their choice, but id like the to start a general missing children fund of some sort, not just their own daughters who even the police suspect is dead.
Quote by thebassmaster

invest it into something that will actually benefit someone.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Remember that girl that went missing last month? She was found with minimal publicity because the McCanns were STILL hogging any space in the newspapers.

The girl was found though, so justice works I guess *thumbs up*

*Edit: Actually, now that it's mentioned about money, I remember seeing an article about how they were now using the money to pay for mortgages and other bills, and the parents have gone back to work part-time. It's becoming ever more obvious that they know something they aren't telling us.

Also, we're never going to here the end of this, and it annoys the hell out of me.
Last edited by gallagher2006 at Mar 19, 2008,
Maddy- Winner of the Hide and Seek World Championship 2007.
Friends, applaud the comedy is over.

I'd dance with you but...

Quote by lolcats
I'm sick of this madeline thing. Why is there such a fuss over her? Kids go missing every day and yet the media has a field day over this one kid? Why?

because no one knows how she went missing..
May the Force be with You.
Carmel is hawt
Quote by thebassmaster

How is any sort of money going to help??

On the otherhand we may just be witnessing the worlds greatest game of hide and seek.
Quote by Oblivion_Rps
because no one knows how she went missing..
She was taken out of her unlocked room while her parents were out at a restaurant, ignoring the hotels creche and babysitting facilities.

The parents should be charged with neglect.
Quote by lolcats

Because it's abroad.
I still agree with you though.
Quote by Kensai
Ovenman, your contraptions make women's

clothes evaporate.

I WANT THE TWOOTH!

Quote by aaciseric
That's far too clever to be posted in the Pit.
Finally for once those slandering bastrds have got what they deserve. I don't see how some of you guys can complain, it's not like the parents have blown the money on a house or anything. Can you blame the parents for keeping Maddie in the media? They must feel like the worst people in the world. While I do agree with the argument that if Maddie were a black, working class girl it would be a very different story, it is the papers that keep printing the stories for the money and the parents to try and find their daughter. Don't hate the player hate the game.
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?
The McCanns were stupid yes, but I don't think that they deliberately had anything to doo with Madddie's disappearence. And I think that they shouldn't have to suffer any more because Losing your child must be the worst thing in the world
Quote by LordBishek
The McCanns were stupid yes, but I don't think that they deliberately had anything to doo with Madddie's disappearence. And I think that they shouldn't have to suffer any more because Losing your child must be the worst thing in the world

+1

Also, someone said previously that they've went back to work part time and that they're hiding something. To be honest, yes they made a mistake but just because they're going back to work doesn't mean they had something to do with her getting taken. Heaps of children go missing and after time, the parents have to go back to their normal lives. I agree that if she wasn't cute and rich, there wouldn't have been as much press, but these people still have lost their child.
You're all idiots. These people have lost their child, almost certainly a paedophile, and you want the imprisoned for receiving compensation from national newspapers who thought it was appropriate to say they were involved in their daughter's disappearance? God, how could they be so selfish.

Oh, and a little note: all £550,000 of the libel award have gone to the Find Madeleine campaign.
Is it still a God Complex if I really am God?

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
I have to be honest. Why the hell is so interesting about the Madeline McCann case? I know it's sad and all but the only difference to other kids that have gone missing is that she went missing while she was on holiday. Dozens of people go missing everyday, So what's so special about this?
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding
She's dead.

Quote by Child In Time
Maddy- Winner of the Hide and Seek World Championship 2007.

And she's defending it the Championship of 2008 too.
"A war is coming, I've seen it in my dreams. Fires sweeping through the earth, bodies in the streets, cities turned to dust. Retaliation..."

Check out my amazing band!
An Abstract Illusion
Its disgusting to me that something like this (the whole Maddie McCann bull****) gets more attention then a country DECLARING ITS ****ING INDEPENDENCE! Seriously, children just like her goes missing everyday. Its sad that because she was from a rich family and a cute little blond haired blue eyed baby girl she gets more attention then 1,900,000 people declaring themselves a country from another.
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
I wish they'd give up.

And they're really shitty neglectful parents. Sure, it's a hard ordeal, but plenty of parents lose their children through absolutely no fault of their own, and they're given less attention.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by fleajr_1412
I have to be honest. Why the hell is so interesting about the Madeline McCann case? I know it's sad and all but the only difference to other kids that have gone missing is that she went missing while she was on holiday. Dozens of people go missing everyday, So what's so special about this?

She's a blue-eyed blonde.
Is it still a God Complex if I really am God?

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
Quote by fleajr_1412

Because the McCanns are the idyllic upper middle class family, 2 doctors for parents and an angel faced blonde white girl, which somehow makes it more of a tragedy.
Quote by its_alive
rich_sg, I promote you to Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. of the Pit. way to speak your opinion.

Quote by ErnieBallfists
RICH_SG you are a filthy person for accusing me of dirty trolling , you are a stiff coconut
Quote by rich_sg
Because the McCanns are the idyllic upper middle class family, 2 doctors for parents and an angel faced blonde white girl, which somehow makes it more of a tragedy.

Pretty much.

Im personally just sick of how much attention this whole thing is recieving, there have been no leads, i dont think more stories will help im sure everyone in the world knows who she is.
Quote by PaulTheVillan
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7303801.stm

So their daughter is still missing 10 months on and they're more interested in money.

The parents who left their baby to get snatched get more rewards.

Disgrace

They should be prosecuted.

Are you incredibly stupid? It really appears so.

If newspapers alleged that you had done the same, I'm pretty sure a defamation case would be pretty high up on your 'to do' list.

The settlement allows more funds to be donated to a cause to find a little girl. Before you start saying that they'll spend the money on themselves, go and do a little reading up on Trusts.

Tube.
Terms and Conditions apply.
Quote by thebassmaster
I think the papers should apolagise. It must be devastating to read stories accusing (rightly or wrongly on your opinion) you of being a bad parent, neglect, etc. Even this

The Express said it accepted that a "number of articles in the newspaper have suggested that the couple caused the death of their missing daughter Madeleine and then covered it up".

The money is going to the Find Madeline fund, and even if it didn't I wouldnt have a problem with it going to them. Compensation for slander if you will. I can guarantee there are far worse parents out there than the McCanns, they just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time

I definitely agree.
Spiral Out