Hi!

I want to buy a new electric guitar....

Nowadays i play a aria pro II, it sucks...

i have 500€ to spend...

i play metallica, pink floyd, AC/DC, jimmy hendrix

suggestions?
Last edited by jmoreira46 at Mar 19, 2008,
What kind of music do you play?
Epiphone Les Paul perhaps? Well, you've also got Strat players in there, so how about a MIM Strat or Yamaha Pacifica? I'm just throwing ideas around.
Quote by imthehitcher
you truly are a prince of men

Quote by isuckhardcore
I get naked FOR my dog.
Epi SG? Epi LP? MIM Strat w/upgrades or spare money for amp? 10 - 15 Ibanez's? it depends on taste.
Quote by jmoreira46
how about scheter?

do you know any model in my price range?

check their site friend, where i come (US) from 500 Euros is a lot of money(nowadays)
Well, to get the most versatility, I would say a HSS MIM strat.
IMO your not gonna get a good hendrix tone out of a humbucker. Or a Pink Floyd tone either.
Quote by imgooley
IMO your not gonna get a good hendrix tone out of a humbucker. Or a Pink Floyd tone either.

+1 IMO single coils are sometimes underated you can get a nice chunky feel out of a SSS Strat through an ok Tube amp
Quote by plucky duck
+1 IMO single coils are sometimes underated you can get a nice chunky feel out of a SSS Strat through an ok Tube amp

Yeah, I love that tone. That is why I suggested a HSS strat, so he can still get a nice metal/ fat tone out of the bridge humbucker.
I preffer the SSS than the HSS... wich SSS model you suggest? 50's?

i like david guilmour's red strat... can i find one of these in musicians friend?
Quote by jmoreira46
I preffer the SSS than the HSS... wich SSS model you suggest? 50's?

i like david guilmour's red strat... can i find one of these in musicians friend?

I personally like the 70's style strat. (I also prefer the SSS style). Can't go wrong with a 50's style though. Yeah they should be on there
Quote by jmoreira46
is a fender strat easier to play than an gibson flying v fadded?

Yeah, it's a little awkward to play a V while sitting. The neck feels better IMO too.
I think that there is but I'm not sure
do you know what kind of color is the red start of david guilmour?

its chrome red or fiesta red?
What amp are you going to be playing this on by the way?
Quote by imthehitcher
you truly are a prince of men

Quote by isuckhardcore
I get naked FOR my dog.