i cant believe im even considering boss but its on the cheap and was wondering how it compared to the mxr this is boss 10 band double pedal thing
Member No. 002# of the Australia FTW! Club, PM the_random_hero or Alter-Bridge to join".
DEAN 79MLF > Fulltone OCD > Keeley TS9DX Flexi > Marshall Sliver Jubilee > Orange PPC 4x12

What's wrong with the Boss EQ-20? I've had mine for years now, plus it's better than the MXR. You've got 9 memory locations to save your EQ settings plus the manual settings of the sliders. Sounds like a no-brainer to me.
Yeah but its boss or should I say roland. I think the best eq is the barber. Does what its suppose to plus 3 different amp voicings.
Tom Anderson Hollow Classic
72 thin line tele

Barber trifecta fuzz
Mi audio Crunch Box
Clyde Wah
Barber Burn Unit
Ocean efx Texas deuce
Boomerang chorus delay
Barber ltd

1971 Pro reverb
Fender acoustasonic
Fender super champ xd
ive never seen the baber and its just that ive had such bad experiences with boss and i dont want it sucking tone to much
Member No. 002# of the Australia FTW! Club, PM the_random_hero or Alter-Bridge to join".
DEAN 79MLF > Fulltone OCD > Keeley TS9DX Flexi > Marshall Sliver Jubilee > Orange PPC 4x12

What's wrong with Boss?
They're the best cheap pedals out there, but in this case get the MXR, I prefer simplicity (20-band EQ? Wow)
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
What's wrong with Boss is that they have a horrible cheap bypass and suck yo' tone.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
The only thing I've noticed with my EQ-20 is that it add a slight, but audible hum. There's very little tone sucking with the EQ-20. Plus it's an EQ pedal, you're altering your tone anyway.
Quote by Slaytanic1993
What's wrong with Boss?
They're the best cheap pedals out there, but in this case get the MXR, I prefer simplicity (20-band EQ? Wow)

its not a 20-band. its a 10-band. its called the eq-20 because it belongs to the twin-pedal series. all of the twin-pedal series pedals have -20 at the end of their name.
i love mine. beutiful tone altering powers. what i do is give my amp a nice, but loose tone, and use the eq pedal to tighten up, and give it a beutiful bassy boom, a nice high end sparkle, and take some mids out, cuz the only way i can get a good tone on my amp is with a good dose of mids in it.
Fender 72' Deluxe Tele
Schecter Damian Elite 7
Fender '62 Reissue Jazz Bass (MIJ)
Peavey XXX 212 (back on the East Coast)

Macbook Pro 15" Retina
Logic Pro X 10.0.7
Revalver 4
LePou Amp Sims
Ignite Amp Sims
LeCab2
RedWirez Impulses
you have a silver jubilee?

that is awesome
Traynor YCS-50>EHX SMM w/ Hazarai>EHX DMM>EHX Holy Grail>EHX Small Stone>EHX Big Muff PI (NY)>EHX Pulsar>Ibanez TS-9DX>Echo Park>Ibanez Vintage Tubeking>Fulltone OCD>Zvex Fuzz Factory> Roto-Machine>Fulltone Wah>MJM London Fuzz>Fender Strat
hahahahaha yeah sure do its awesome man
does anyone know how much the mxr hums