Page 1 of 2
in your hands?

i started playing guitar about 3years ago, as a laugh. i was offered a behringer vtone pack for £35, so i thought "why not?"

since then i have really got into it, practice regually, bnassicly made it a part of me. but it never felt 100% right.

until last night. i stopped by a house, to try out a bass....and when i held it, it just seems right. it felt beautiful, and natural. guitar is great, but bass is for me.

what felt right to you in life?

(and no penis jokes)
this thread is just begging for a rude comment

edit: sorry didnt see the no penis jokes bit at the bottom
No willies?

I started on bass then went on to guitar. I've done the complete opposite. Guitar seems more natural for me, but then again I can play bass without looking at the fretboard at all, whereas for guitar I still do at times.
I started on bass, and now am fairly competent at guitar too.

And what feels comfortable and natural in my hands?

Boobies.
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
You don't feel awkward because it's a guitar, it's because it's a Behringer v-tone, the worst instrument ever.
Last edited by Portuguese_boy at Mar 19, 2008,
Quote by webbtje
No willies?

I started on bass then went on to guitar. I've done the complete opposite. Guitar seems more natural for me, but then again I can play bass without looking at the fretboard at all, whereas for guitar I still do at times.

Quote by metacarpi
I started on bass, and now am fairly competent at guitar too.

And what feels comfortable and natural in my hands?

Boobies.

coincidence???

and yes lol
Quote by Portuguese_boy
You don't awkward because it's a guitar, it's because it's a Behringer v-tone, the worst instrument ever.

igot a blue ridge les paul now btw. its a dream to play.

l;ook atprofile
I know I'm going to get flamed for this, but BC riches. The neck size and action are just perfect. I've tried other guitars, but they just don't feel right.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Oh, the neck on my Ibanez S320 is also orgasmic. Feels like it's not even there.
It was all planned.

See, about 6 years ago, just before I started playing, a travelling gypsy told me I'd one day meet the frech man of my dreams, and that he would play bass, and move onto guitar.

In order that I'd have something in common with this man when I finall found him, I decided to take the same path of musical righteousness.
Quote by GLP_Arclite

Quote by rabidguitarist
I know I'm going to get flamed for this, but BC riches. The neck size and action are just perfect. I've tried other guitars, but they just don't feel right.

ill stand by you. my bass is a bc rich. ironbird pro and 30 watt amp for £50.c'mon!
I have no idea, i love the feel of les paul's though.

Gonna try out my mates PRS, he said it's the greatest feeling thing he has ever touched, which is why he bought it.
Quote by rabidguitarist

I've never played a BC Rich, which puts me in the perfect place to go: "OMGZORZ! Get a realz guitar lulz!"

Jus' kiddin'

Quote by GLP_Arclite

Quote by slann101
ill stand by you. my bass is a bc rich. ironbird pro and 30 watt amp for £50.c'mon!

Wow, that's pretty cheap. Mine's a silver series warlock, I think it was £250.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Quote by rabidguitarist
Wow, that's pretty cheap. Mine's a silver series warlock, I think it was £250.

second hand, the women bought it years ago intending to learn but never got round to it, andnow just wants the space.
Quote by metacarpi
It was all planned.

See, about 6 years ago, just before I started playing, a travelling gypsy told me I'd one day meet the frech man of my dreams, and that he would play bass, and move onto guitar.

In order that I'd have something in common with this man when I finall found him, I decided to take the same path of musical righteousness.

Weeeeeell, your favourite bands thingy would beg to differ

You will like only metal. *waves hand*
Quote by webbtje
Weeeeeell, your favourite bands thingy would beg to differ

You will like only metal. *waves hand*

I do like metal jackass! I play in a Metallica tribute band for gods sake!

I just copied all the bands from my iPod a while back.

Oh, and extra coming your way!

Quote by GLP_Arclite

Quote by webbtje

Well, I obviously don't know you as well as you thought.

*huff*

*puff*

BLOW YOUR HOUSE DOWN!
Quote by GLP_Arclite

We do have a habit of derailing Slann's threads...

Just to add that I played cello for a good while before I picked up the bass, which is probably why I took to it so well (and can still play it well today).
Sorry for the derail.

Anyway, you know what else feels natural and good?

Video game controllers.

Food.

All a growing man (or sad nerd) needs!
Quote by GLP_Arclite

Quote by webbtje

Just to add that I played cello for a good while before I picked up the bass, which is probably why I took to it so well (and can still play it well today).

Which is why you're loved
Quote by webbtje
We do have a habit of derailing every thread...

Fix'd
Quote by GLP_Arclite

For being a serial spammer? Wow, the Pit sinks low sometimes

Anyone else here start on a classical instrument before moving on to guitar/bass? Especially if it's a stringed instrument, it helps left hand technique enormously.

Quote by metacarpi
Fap

Wait, what?
Quote by webbtje
For being a serial spammer? Wow, the Pit sinks low sometimes

Anyone else here start on a classical instrument before moving on to guitar/bass? Especially if it's a stringed instrument, it helps left hand technique enormously.

I didn't start on a classical instrument, but I lived in Wales for a bit, and a buddy of mine had a cello.

I learned to play a little bit mainly by applying my knowledge of bass, and by dicking around with it.
Quote by GLP_Arclite

Quote by webbtje

you wouldnt say:P

Quote by metacarpi
Sorry for the derail.

food

All a growing man (or sad nerd) needs!

noprobs. fyi, i just made cheese and onion spread on toast. only 1 slice though. im watching my figure. that definately felt right in my hand.

Quote by maccas666
Which is why you're loved

+1. your just as bad maccas
Quote by slann101

noprobs. fyi, i just made cheese and onion spread on toast. only 1 slice though. im watching my figure. that definately felt right in my hand.

I gotta start working on my figure, I've got my blackbelt grading in jujitsu coming up.

Unfortunately, I started by drinking about 36cans of Guiness last weekend to celebrate Paddys Day.

Quote by GLP_Arclite

i used to play guitar but then one day i was fishing at the yarra and i saw a wild mudkip, it felt so nice in my hands, i instantly quite the guitar and became a pokemon breeder/trainer
Quote by Tiksi
people who think that the tuning peg things have to be straight. I went to the bathroom once, I come back, and my friend detunified my guitar, and then asked why it sounded weird. ARGG!!!

mcROFL
Quote by slann101
your in my sig.

I'm in your user title, not your sig,

You see, after years of you dreaming about me, you finally got the courage to show your true feelings.
Quote by maccas666
I'm in your user title, not your sig,

You see, after years of you dreaming about me, you finally got the courage to show your true feelings.

i know. is their a greater honour?
Quote by slann101
i know. is their a greater honour?

We've discussed this, and we came to the conclusion, that no, no there isn't.
I think I am actually more of a drummer instead of a guitarist. I don't know why. I really like the guitar, but I find playing the drums slightly more stisfying than playing guitar.
I just need about $3.50
(<X.X)O=('.'Q)

I'm the motherflippin'
Quote by rabidguitarist

YES!!! My Mockingbird (which cost me about £200) feels perfect too me. I thought it might be that I got lucky, and somehow got a flukey well-made model, seeing all the hate they get around here, but you obviously have the same feeling. Pretty much all other guitars have things about them that bug me (too high frets, not smooth enough neck, wrong neck shape). Mine feels perfect.
Quote by Rockstar12345
One does not simply walk onto a Chav's lawn
Page 1 of 2