Well i feel as if ive hit a barier. i have learnt a few new songs and stuff but i dont feel like im actualy getting anywhere.my teacher is making me learn scales and chords which is good but what else can i do?

what are your favorite excerisizes and stuff you feel are actualy helping you?

im mostley looking for lead stuff as my music teacher has got me covered for chords so anything i can to to get me playing faster and more precise.

also things i can do to help me write lead lines aswell.

Quote by the_poison125
Well i feel as if ive hit a barier. i have learnt a few new songs and stuff but i dont feel like im actualy getting anywhere.my teacher is making me learn scales and chords which is good but what else can i do?

im mostley looking for lead stuff as my music teacher has got me covered for chords so anything i can to to get me playing faster and more precise.

Ok Ok I'll say it , Wut one :P
It's A Long Ways To The Top If You Want To Rock & Roll

Guitars: Cort g260 w/Vintage strat pickups, Standard Sg coming soon.

Amps.
Ibanez 10 watt bass amp.
Traynor YCV CLASSIC 40 WATT ALL TUBE AMP 2x10 COMBO.

Pedals
Digitech RP150.
-practise new stuff
-find a new band with a good guitarist and learn some of their songs
-learn some new scales
-write some new songs
-improvise
-just play random, 30 min solos in your room
-learn some theory
-play to a metronome

right now im playing different modes to a metronome and going faster and faster until i screw up, this helps your chops heaps
good luck, hope you work through it
'08 Gretsch White Falcon
'98 Fender USA Deluxe Tele
'79 Greco Les Paul Standard
Airline Stratotone Crafter GAE8

A bunch of funky pedals

Handwired 50 Watt Plexi Lead Clone w/ Orange 4x12
Quote by druz15_UG
-practise new stuff
-find a new band with a good guitarist and learn some of their songs
-learn some new scales
-write some new songs
-improvise
-just play random, 30 min solos in your room
-learn some theory
-play to a metronome

right now im playing different modes to a metronome and going faster and faster until i screw up, this helps your chops heaps
good luck, hope you work through it

thanks for the suggestions.

i think one of the reasons im not feeling great with my playing is because my guitar and amp are in the back room... with my dads computer... the one he is on 24/7...

i dont realy feel like i could play random 30 min solos with him there without him going "whats that your playing?"

i have realy bad stage fright =P
no prob
doing that will work on ur stagefright too. Just keep at it.
I played for 2 years and all i learnt was chords and i started to get bored and i almost quit, then i discovered Guns 'n roses and Slash, and my life changed. I'm not a huge fan of them anymore, but it totally got me into playing again, and i haven't looked back.
A few years later i went through another bored slump, then i rediscovered RHCP an old favourite band of mine.

You just need a bit of inspiration and some flare to your playing, enjoy it, and you'll reap the rewards in the long run. Don't give up unless you're absolutely set on something else, coz you might regret it
'08 Gretsch White Falcon
'98 Fender USA Deluxe Tele
'79 Greco Les Paul Standard
Airline Stratotone Crafter GAE8

A bunch of funky pedals

Handwired 50 Watt Plexi Lead Clone w/ Orange 4x12
Quote by druz15_UG
no prob
doing that will work on ur stagefright too. Just keep at it.
I played for 2 years and all i learnt was chords and i started to get bored and i almost quit, then i discovered Guns 'n roses and Slash, and my life changed. I'm not a huge fan of them anymore, but it totally got me into playing again, and i haven't looked back.
A few years later i went through another bored slump, then i rediscovered RHCP an old favourite band of mine.

You just need a bit of inspiration and some flare to your playing, enjoy it, and you'll reap the rewards in the long run. Don't give up unless you're absolutely set on something else, coz you might regret it

ok thanks

Quote by one vision
Download this and you'll never go hungry for exercises again.

sweeeeet. downloading now

thanks guys
Improvement in yourself is difficult to notice. Record yourself every month and you will notice improvement, if you do any serious practice, which I assume you do.
Quote by the_poison125

Hey Man,

i know how you feel. Improvement is something that i struggle with every time. Your teaching should be pushing you on stuff to practice and more importantly, practice stuff that you like and will benefit you long term. If he isn't working on your goals then i would probably look for another one.

A fun thing to do is probably do some song writing stuff. Here is some articles to help you get started with this:

http://www.tomhess.net/articles.php?article=18

http://www.tomhess.net/articles.php?article=19

http://www.tomhess.net/articles.php?article=21

http://www.tomhess.net/articles.php?article=36

http://www.tomhess.net/articles.php?article=36

Hope that helps