Poll: Do you download music?
Poll Options
View poll results: Do you download music?
Yeah!
106 73%
No.
14 10%
I used to.
19 13%
My internet sucks too much.
6 4%
Voters: 145.
Page 1 of 2
I do both. I download stuff, and if it's really good, I buy it. I see no reason to pay loads for bands that I don't like.
I'm a communist. Really.
Quote by Raziel2p
I do both. I download stuff, and if it's really good, I buy it. I see no reason to pay loads for bands that I don't like.

+1
Quote by Raziel2p

+2
Quote by Raziel2p

+3
Quote by Raziel2p

+4
Just download.
I'd love to have the cash to buy the album every time the band deserves it, but I don't.
This is what you get.
This is what you get.
This what you get when you mess with us.
I see no reason to listen to bands that you don't like at all.

I don't download stuff, i will on occasion, but otherwise I just let my friends download it or buy it first and get it off them later.

if it's something really good that I love but my friends don't dig, I'll buy either an album or a shirt. (Comeback Kid for example)
i make my own music instead
My Gear

Gibson Les Paul Studio Faded
Vox AD30VT
Quote by Raziel2p

+6
A hero of war, Yeah that's what I'll be

(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)
Quote by Raziel2p

Same here.

██ ██
██ ██
██ ██

Quote by Raziel2p

+7
Hurp De Durp
Quote by Raziel2p

+8
That's exactly what I do.
GOODBYE BLUE SKY
Quote by Raziel2p

+9
C4C
Please check out some of my original music and leave me a comment @ SoundCloud
(or in my profile!)

Progressive|Thrash|Math|Metal
I don't download stuff, i will on occasion, but otherwise I just let my friends download it or buy it first and get it off them later.

So what you're saying is that you're a freeloader who freeloads off freeloaders? Ooooh! Dangerous!
I only download stuff I can't find either in stores or on iTunes.
When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all
Nah I've got a friend who works in a CD shop and gets 70% off. So I'd rather buy any CDs I want for £2.50 than risk getting caught.
I am a pure downloader. I don't see a need to buy CDs really. especially if the band is from a major label and/or rich and/or dead. At that point they make such an insignificant amount of money it seems pointless. And since I don't listen to any "indie" artists it's downloads for me all the way home.
I put yes, but that's not the whole story.

I prefer to own the actual CD. When I download it's to see if the album is really worth it. If so, I buy it; If not, I delete it.
I do a little bit of both. I usually download, but for music I can't get off Rhapsody, I buy the CD, for more obscure bands, and stuff like Tool where the CD itself is an experience in itself. There's also a few big bands on Rhapsody that don't let you download, such as Metallica, Led Zep, Red Hot Chili Peppers.
Last edited by rockergurl09 at Mar 19, 2008,
Well i guess i pay for internet.............

so i guess downloads for me.
Last edited by jimbobolon at Mar 19, 2008,
If CD's weren't so damn expensive, I'd buy albums the whole time. Sadly, they're not, so downloading is my thing for now. Seriously, €19/€20 is just TOO much.
Ego inflating praise here:
Quote by Fishyesque
That is SOOOOOOOOOOO sig worthy! Pure awesomeness to you, sir.

C wut I did thar Fishy?

's UG
Quote by dgme92
If CD's weren't so damn expensive, I'd buy albums the whole time. Sadly, they're not, so downloading is my thing for now. Seriously, €19/€20 is just TOO much.

Agreed. The only album I thought was worth buying was around €15 for two CDs.
i might download more, but you can't download anything with dial up
Put on some pants, its time to dance! -The Happy Phrase

Quote by Alice Cooper
The hippies wanted peace and love. We wanted Ferraris, blondes and switchblades.

Quote by RhyseOrtiz
Banned because... Disaster, you good sir, are a f*cking genius!
Quote by Wiirdo
Damn all these + posts...

+1
Quote by Shredder XXX
how about the way your entire country generalizes a culture by the actions of a few, citing any Americans idea of a middle eastern person.
I decided to start buying them a few months ago because I like physically having an album.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
I buy downloads. By downloading do you mean illegal?
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
both. i buy cds of bands i know i like, but i tend to download stuff from bands im listening to for the first time.
Where do you download this stuff? Besides limewire.
Quote by powerhead
Mentallica, i think you just made my drive shank crank

Quote by beadhangingOne

You sir, are a true hero.

Quote by silversoulcage
Dude, seriously, you're an ass hole. That place where **** comes out, yea that's you man.
Quote by jazz_rock_feel
I am a pure downloader. I don't see a need to buy CDs really. especially if the band is from a major label and/or rich and/or dead. At that point they make such an insignificant amount of money it seems pointless. And since I don't listen to any "indie" artists it's downloads for me all the way home.

I bet these bands don't make nearly as much as you think they do

I don't download music, I buy CDs online if I have money and lately i've been listening to a lot of stuff on last.fm
I used to download, but I only got one or two songs.

It's handy if you only like one song by a certain artist.

I also buy a ****load of CD's. I'm the only person I know that still buys them, especially in such ammounts.

Usually, I bought albums from bands I'd downloaded earlier.
Page 1 of 2