hey dudes i got dave mustaine and chrisd broderick's signatures on my ax a few days ago when they toured here...

now they signed using a permanent marker, but im sure that it will get rubbed off given some time... coz mine's a really glossy kinda smooth surface... so what can i do to make the signatures really permanent???
Quote by jayeshrc
hey dudes i got dave mustaine and chrisd broderick's signatures on my ax a few days ago when they toured here...

now they signed using a permanent marker, but im sure that it will get rubbed off given some time... coz mine's a really glossy kinda smooth surface... so what can i do to make the signatures really permanent???

You could try putting a clear stucker over it, although you probably won't be able to remove it afterwards.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Pretty sure you could put a clear lacquer over it. Would be worthwhile giving it to someone who knows what they're doing for that though.

Kudos on meeting Dave though!
Rob Schneider is... Da Derp Dee Derp Da Teetley Derpee Derpee Dumb! Rated PG-13.
Quote by AvengedThrice
True that. True that.
Methinks you pwned the thread dude.

Member number 8 of THE OFFICIAL UG TRANSFORMERS CLUB
Starscream
p.m. D. Rice to get number/ranking
A clear coat of paint could react with the ink and cause issues, blurring or something else undesirable. Its on the Kramer so maybe mount a plastic clear guard over them? The sticker would probably work too.
Quote by gregs1020
A clear coat of paint could react with the ink and cause issues, blurring or something else undesirable. Its on the Kramer so maybe mount a plastic clear guard over them? The sticker would probably work too.

It's not just that the ink might react.

Even if you scuff the finish, chances are the clear coat will just peel off.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
That was the something else undesirable part, but tru sir, all heII could break loose on that finish. Upside, it's not a thousand dollar ax, downside - don't want to f/u those sigs...
I've been to 4 Megadeth shows, and sadly have never met Dave in person, though I do have several signed items. Yet signatures don't particularly interest me. If I got to bring a guitar to him I would love to have a picture of him holding my Jackson DM sig with me to hang near the guitar--that would be awesome. As for the clear coat idea, I've seen it done without a problem. If that is what you want to do, then go for it (professional job only).
dave's a bit of bastard actually... lol. so can a luthier do it or wat?
Quote by jayeshrc
dave's a bit of bastard actually... lol. so can a luthier do it or wat?

what did he say when you asked him to sign it? any remarks from him? or he kindly did it?
LOL
he didnt say much... hadly even looked at us.. just signed and walked off.. but my friend, who met him the next day said he was an asshole.. lol and he did say indian metal bands suck, which i would like to disagree with.
ha a couple years ago i had my iceman signed by Marty Friedman (he was pretty cool tbh) & after realising just like you that it was bound to rub off i put a bit of clingfilm over it to try & preserve it ..worked for a while but whenever i played standing up i didnt realise that my belt buckle was tearing up the cling film & therefore removing the sig so yer sadly now its almost all gone ...
Pics or it didnt happen
For those who care.
Current Gear
Cort Zenox Z42
Flextone II
Charvel USA So-Cal
Farida M2 Parlour Acoustic
Admira Hand-built Spanish Acoustic
Blackstar HT-5H
Line 6 M13
i say dont use that guitar. i had my class signed my strat, one side was sanded (yes i sanded the top of my strat) and the other wasnt. on the sanded side, the comments have faded where my wrist comes in contact, and it's like pretty much fully gone. on the back, some of the names have faded also, but you can still see the 'shadow' of it
ya ya comin up... gotta get a decent cam... my phone cam doesnt do it proper justice. i dont know what to cover this with now.. and my 4 yr old cousin's goona be here in a few days.. i cant keep putting it back into the case because of him...
damn today i borrowed clear coat nailpolish from my sis and it dissolved the permanent marker ink!!!!

luckily i tried it on a different part of the body using my own sig.. lol
hey ultimate_syn.. the sigs are on the front of the body in my case... chris signed behind the floyd cavity and dave put his big sig above the pups... so as a last resort i guess i might use cling film.. did you use a hair drier on it afterward?? i mean so it becomes kinda permanent?
mmm here is a crazy idea, if you really want to keep the sig's and you're willing to make hole in the guitar, take a clear pickguard or acrylic, cut at a size that is big enough to protect the sig and drill them with small screws. That way you can still use your guitar (that's in case if you only have 1) and protect those kick ass sigs!!
he didnt say much... hadly even looked at us.. just signed and walked off..

Thats typical Dave..
^^ well he signed my friend's megadeth cd and chucked it, makin it look like he wanted my friend to act like a dog and fetch it. my friend left the cd and walked off.
What a complete nob (Dave). He seems cool on stage but his people skills are terrible.
For those who care.
Current Gear
Cort Zenox Z42
Flextone II
Charvel USA So-Cal
Farida M2 Parlour Acoustic
Admira Hand-built Spanish Acoustic
Blackstar HT-5H
Line 6 M13
sorry for the LONG wait... finally just used my handycam (the one that records videos) to take the pics...

yes i kno... mustaine's sig got rubbed off a bit in the end... damn!!
and dont ask me what the symbol below his sig is..... I HAVE NO CLUE!!!
anarchists' A made out of a D. sometimes Dave makes the A in his name an anarchists' symbol.

looks like a pretzel though
Why you reading this?
Quote by 742627000017
I use my thumb and my johnson

Quote by deanexplosion99
idk what the keys are for but the reason i think its for the floyd rose is because its called floyd rose double locking

Quote by niggafolife
i iz hurr tuh spek da troof abowt muzik
lol.... wait im uploadin more.... his pick and his sig on my concert ticket
If it's permanent marker, don't use the Acrylic clearcoat to cover it. It will melt the ink. It's a very involved process if you need to make it look pro. Bottom line, you scrape the clearcoat around the signature (takes forever) and once it's clean and even, you spray it with "clear" Shellac. It's available at Home Depot or Lowes or any bigbox DIY stores. The most popular brand is Zinsser.

Tip: When going to concerts or stores where you might catch a favorite artist, make sure you have an Acrylic pen! Misting the signature after it's dried will be a 30-second project.

ok... but i didnt get the begiining part... you said the clearcoat would melt the ink (i knew that... i tried it on a diff part of the body)... and then you say to scrape the clearcoataround the sig... huh? i think i missed something there... and btw im in india. no chance im gonna get "shellac"... tell me what exactly it is... ill have to hunt...