people are saying they are the best tube amps you can get...
should i just save my money and go with a bugera?
I'm dying to try one because in the next week it's either a Bugera 333xl for $650 or a used Peavey XXX for $650???

but no music stores around me have them...
Good Ultimate-Guitar deals:
s.r.v. / Soapboxhero / dbrettw / laxduck / O00Coolzero00O / 1mmpick

Good Harmony-Central deals:

Quicksilver 689 / antiochband / KjStrat / Critter / guillatool1

Good SevenString.org deals:

Guitarmiester / TMM
The short answer is "no".

The long answer is "maybe but probably not". Evidently there are some issues with the capacitors in the power amp section and there are a few reported cases of them exploding (!). This is not necessarily an indication that all of them will always be this way as we're still dealing with early production models and it always takes time to work all the bugs out. Even so, you have the Behringer issue. Behringer has quite the reputation for consistently producing shoddy products and though they and Bugera are "technically" different companies I have this aching feeling that they share common ownership on some level or another and that the only reason for the creation of the Bugera name was to be able to sell cheap tube amps in a market that shuns anything with the Behringer name. There's a lot of speculation thus far, but most people who are interested are withholding their potential purchases until there's more "real world" trial and error to be considered.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
Quote by Kendall

The long answer is "maybe but probably not". Evidently there are some issues with the capacitors in the power amp section and there are a few reported cases of them exploding (!). This is not necessarily an indication that all of them will always be this way as we're still dealing with early production models and it always takes time to work all the bugs out. Even so, you have the Behringer issue. Behringer has quite the reputation for consistently producing shoddy products and though they and Bugera are "technically" different companies I have this aching feeling that they share common ownership on some level or another and that the only reason for the creation of the Bugera name was to be able to sell cheap tube amps in a market that shuns anything with the Behringer name. There's a lot of speculation thus far, but most people who are interested are withholding their potential purchases until there's more "real world" trial and error to be considered.

Pretty much what he said. Although the issue with Behringer is also not that simple - some people report that newer Behringer products are actually pretty good (and their cabs are good too), although the older stuff is crap. But yes, there's the problem with reliability.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
so go with some bigger name? i would like to get a boutique amp if possible around 1000-1200 if its a combo
or 800-1000 for a head

i would buy an avatar cab

i want a very well round amp...something to get great distortions like the peavey 5150 and a messa dual rect but also clean up like a fender/vox
Mesa Mark IV? I think you can get it for about that much used.
Quote by Lunchbox362
I wouldn't buy a brand new product. Wait until its been around about a year. I jumped on a new brand because the specs were good and it sounded good in the strore and ended having to return two dead amps. Got an older brand and its just fine. Let someone else work the bugs out of it.
Quote by uldhppi
I wouldn't buy a brand new product. Wait until its been around about a year. I jumped on a new brand because the specs were good and it sounded good in the strore and ended having to return two dead amps. Got an older brand and its just fine. Let someone else work the bugs out of it.

Are you talking about the VK?
Quote by Lunchbox362
The VK is the amp I ended up with after two of another brand's combos died withing three months of each other. The VK sounds better and is better quality.
Quote by deadagain6591
people are saying they are the best tube amps you can get...
should i just save my money and go with a bugera?

I have a feeling Bugera has been hiring people around the internet to spread the hype around this amp. I don't buy it, and saying a $600 amp is the best tube amp out there is just plain bull****.
I would say wait a while to see if their worth it. I stay away from any amp that has circuit board mounted inputs and potentiometers.
Tom Anderson Hollow Classic
72 thin line tele

Barber trifecta fuzz
Mi audio Crunch Box
Clyde Wah
Barber Burn Unit
Ocean efx Texas deuce
Boomerang chorus delay
Barber ltd

1971 Pro reverb
Fender acoustasonic
Fender super champ xd
Seriously, if its only costing them 600 to sell, they are probably building them for a lot less.. which means they are skimping out on quality.
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey 5150
Vader Cabinet 4x12
Roland Cube 30X
Line 6 Toneport UX1
Morley Bad Horsie II

I have been trying to put mine through rigorous tests because I can send it back in the next few weeks if it fries. I have been running it around half volume for two hours a day. I have to close the door and sit in the hallway to keep from blowing my eardrums.

They really do sound good so its a shame if they are manufactured poorly.
I had assumed it sold so cheap because of the generic name and being made in china (like 99% of consumer electronics)

I think most companies charge WAY too much for a decent metal amp. 6505's have dropped to $1000 new (coincidence?), but I don't really like that type of sound after hearing the 333XL. If I could afford a VHT Pitbull or Mesa Road King, I'd buy them in a second. But I have to hope this amp will see me through until I can afford something better
5150 Combo
LTD Viper 400 (EMG 81/85)
Keep us up to date. You'll be doing a favor for everyone who can't afford $1000 for an amp.
Quote by deadagain6591
so go with some bigger name? i would like to get a boutique amp if possible around 1000-1200 if its a combo
or 800-1000 for a head

i would buy an avatar cab

i want a very well round amp...something to get great distortions like the peavey 5150 and a messa dual rect but also clean up like a fender/vox

You pretty much described the Carvin V3 there.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
I ordered a 333XL head, so when it gets here I'll make a video demo.
Granted I've seen about 2 or 3 stories on forums about their Bugera's having issues and what not, but everyone else seems to adore theirs, and everyone who gets one and doesn't have any problems isn't gonna be posting on forums.
I wish I could test mine haha.

Mine arrived today, but no cab yet.
GEAR:
Schecter C-1 Plus (Emg 81/85)
ESP/LTD Viper 400
Bugera 6262 Head
Marshall 1960A Cab
Bad Monkey OD
ISP Decimator
Quote by soul_power
You pretty much described the Carvin V3 there.

Well... Yeah basically Carvin V3 sounds like what you are looking for. not amps for me though ( I survive on gain but don't want a mesa, anymore at least)
Quote by Ryohazuki
I wish I could test mine haha.

Mine arrived today, but no cab yet.

haha im gonna be in that situation in just a little while...head should be here in a few days/a week, and then im going cab shoppin'!
a guy told me that the tremolo bar was called the "distortionator"
Quote by Ventor
I have a feeling Bugera has been hiring people around the internet to spread the hype around this amp. I don't buy it, and saying a $600 amp is the best tube amp out there is just plain bull****.

That's the thing though.
You have to presume everyone on a forum is a salesman telling you good things about amps so they can make a sale towards the company.
Unless of course it's someone helping about in the amp Q&A thread.
The best person to make a choice about something is you obviously, and going for something because of someone else's opinion is stupid.

As for the Bugera issue, Dude, I have no idea.
There's no way for me to play one unless i order it, and I'm stuck between the Bugera 333 head or the Randall rh50t head for a lot of different styles of music.
Much better amps out there, but extremely good for the price.

Behringer did not create the Bugera name. They are independent companys. Behringer distributes Bugeras products, as well as uses their speakers.

Thats like me saying CMI owns Hoshini Gakki (isn't it nerdy I know that?) because they distribute Ibanez and Tama. That means I can drive 15 minutes down the road, and meet the Manager of Hosini Gakki. Seems stupid hey? Well, thats what people are saying.

I'm not trying to have a go at anyone, but seriously, understand that there is a BIG difference between distributing a product & lending your resources, and OWNING a company.
Quote by kyrreca
If your EQ looks like this your audience will look like this
Last edited by Cofflecakes at Mar 20, 2008,
Quote by Cofflecakes
I'm not trying to have a go at anyone, but seriously, understand that there is a BIG difference between distributing a product & lending your resources, and OWNING a company.

I understand that much perfectly well, but if you'll reexamine my post you'll notice that I noted the fact that they are indeed different companies and clearly implied that the possibility of mutual ownership was speculative. As such I don't know for certain that they aren't intertwined on a deeper level than the traditional producer/distributor model, just as you don't know that they are (unless of course you're on the payroll for one of them). There are many factors to consider and many choices made by the "higher ups" at Bugera that make me question a lot of this.

My biggest question is: why voluntarily work with a distributor that has a well known and well documented reputation for producing inferior quality products? There are tons of other companies that could have easily handled the same duties without the stigma associated with Behringer (and probably would have been happy to do so while offering competitive rates and services). Well over half of the guitarists I know who are aware of Bugera's amps don't have them on their lists of things to try based solely on the association with Behringer. That and I have to question the fact that it was made VERY clear in much of the prerelease documentation and media articles that Behringer is indeed their distributor, a practice that's quite uncommon considering that usually if the distributor is mentioned at all it's generally little more than a footnote.

As I've mentioned, it's all speculative and I'm not certain about any of it. On the other hand, the coincidence seems to me to skew one way and I won't be quick to dismiss the association.
Quote by Kendall
I understand that much perfectly well, but if you'll reexamine my post you'll notice that I noted the fact that they are indeed different companies and clearly implied that the possibility of mutual ownership was speculative. As such I don't know for certain that they aren't intertwined on a deeper level than the traditional producer/distributor model, just as you don't know that they are (unless of course you're on the payroll for one of them). There are many factors to consider and many choices made by the "higher ups" at Bugera that make me question a lot of this.

My biggest question is: why voluntarily work with a distributor that has a well known and well documented reputation for producing inferior quality products? There are tons of other companies that could have easily handled the same duties without the stigma associated with Behringer (and probably would have been happy to do so while offering competitive rates and services). Well over half of the guitarists I know who are aware of Bugera's amps don't have them on their lists of things to try based solely on the association with Behringer. That and I have to question the fact that it was made VERY clear in much of the prerelease documentation and media articles that Behringer is indeed their distributor, a practice that's quite uncommon considering that usually if the distributor is mentioned at all it's generally little more than a footnote.

As I've mentioned, it's all speculative and I'm not certain about any of it. On the other hand, the coincidence seems to me to skew one way and I won't be quick to dismiss the association.

I myself am not on their payroll, but a close family member was until very recently, in an upper managment position.

asically, the reason Bugera went with Behringer is they have a history together, and Behringer offered Bugera resources that nobody else could, such as their buying power, their R & D workers, and their fantastic legal team. That combined with massive orders from Behringer, before a sale had even been made...

Well, im sure you get the picture. Nobody else could offer anywhere near the package, and lets face it; Would anybody want to? Bugera doesn't have the greatest name for itself anyway due to its apparently shoddy speakers, and it doesn't have a large range of products either, which could possibly make this amp series their make-or-break chance.
Quote by kyrreca
If your EQ looks like this your audience will look like this
Quote by Cofflecakes
I myself am not on their payroll, but a close family member was until very recently, in an upper managment position.

asically, the reason Bugera went with Behringer is they have a history together, and Behringer offered Bugera resources that nobody else could, such as their buying power, their R & D workers, and their fantastic legal team. That combined with massive orders from Behringer, before a sale had even been made...

Well, im sure you get the picture. Nobody else could offer anywhere near the package, and lets face it; Would anybody want to? Bugera doesn't have the greatest name for itself anyway due to its apparently shoddy speakers, and it doesn't have a large range of products either, which could possibly make this amp series their make-or-break chance.

Aren't those speakers just renamed Jensens. Im pretty sure Behringer is getting the speakers from Jensen with there own brand name slapped on them which is Bugera... So i dont know if i trust your story 100%
Quote by modernp
I would say wait a while to see if their worth it. I stay away from any amp that has circuit board mounted inputs and potentiometers.

Like the JVM or Engl Invader?
Bugera = crap Peavey rip Off

6260 = crap 5150 (6505) rip off

6262 = crap 5150 II (6505+) rip off

333xl = crap XXX rip off

Hell, they even made the amps look like the amps they're ripped of off.
This is what they had on their website about the 6260 "The Bugera 6260 is the go to guitar amp head for classic rock, alternative rock and metal bands due to its raw tone, massive power, and road-worthy reliability" and this is the description of the 6505 "While known as the 5150, these amps became the undisputed go-to guitar amps for scores of rock, hardcore and metal bands due to their raw tone, relentless power and road-proven reliability".

These guys at Bugera really sink low, Their quality is crap and so is their sound. If your looking for a good amp, the 6505s and rectifiers are amazing. A better amp for the price of those Bugeras (and i know its a little strange) are the Line 6 Spider Valves (Line 6 really put effort into those amps, 10932979283697629x better than the solid state Line 6 amps).
Quote by schecters!!!

...following the great Behringer tradition of creating knock-offs that very closely resemble the originals in appearance.
Quote by schecters!!!
Bugera = crap Peavey rip Off

6260 = crap 5150 (6505) rip off

6262 = crap 5150 II (6505+) rip off

333xl = crap XXX rip off

This is what they had on their website about the 6260 "The Bugera 6260 is the go to guitar amp head for classic rock, alternative rock and metal bands due to its raw tone, massive power, and road-worthy reliability" and this is the description of the 6505 "While known as the 5150, these amps became the undisputed go-to guitar amps for scores of rock, hardcore and metal bands due to their raw tone, relentless power and road-proven reliability".

These guys at Bugera really sink low, Their quality is crap and so is their sound. If your looking for a good amp, the 6505s and rectifiers are amazing. A better amp for the price of those Bugeras (and i know its a little strange) are the Line 6 Spider Valves (Line 6 really put effort into those amps, 10932979283697629x better than the solid state Line 6 amps).

You haven't even played one.
Quote by Lunchbox362
Quote by Cofflecakes

Fantastic legal team has to be the biggest selling point with getting together with Behringer, other than the super low cost of everything.
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
All Bugera enthusiasts give your amp a year, or fourty or fifty gigs before you think its the greatest amp since when. LIke I said before gigging musicians use a lot of the same amps. The ones that have proven their road worthiness. Hell I wouldn't even give my 65 twin reverb reissue a good review. It sounds fantastic but its been used in the studio its whole life. My 212 peavey classic now thats a gigging amp I know it. Throw it , drop it what ever it always works. Give them time before rave reviews.
Tom Anderson Hollow Classic
72 thin line tele

Barber trifecta fuzz
Mi audio Crunch Box
Clyde Wah
Barber Burn Unit
Ocean efx Texas deuce
Boomerang chorus delay
Barber ltd

1971 Pro reverb
Fender acoustasonic
Fender super champ xd
If you look at my posts, you will see I always say that these amps do not have proven reliability. But I also will go so far as to say some of the problems that have been reported with the amps are posted by lifeless sixteen-year-old kids who have a brand loyalty and have never even seen a Bugera amp.

If my amp goes out, though,I'll be the first one to piss all over it (figuratively speaking).

EDIT:I complained about the warranty registration, but it looks like that has now been resolved. Thanks AUS-10.
5150 Combo
LTD Viper 400 (EMG 81/85)
Last edited by stigma15 at Mar 22, 2008,
Quote by stigma15
If you look at my posts, you will see I always say that these amps do not have proven reliability. But I also will go so far as to say some of the problems that have been reported with the amps are posted by lifeless sixteen-year-old kids who have a brand loyalty and have never even seen a Bugera amp.

That said,I wouldn't recommend the amps just yet. Their warranty registration service is not in place yet and that is a BIG red mark.
If my amp goes out, I'll be the first one to piss all over it (figuratively speaking).

I registered mine on the site like... Almost a week ago