hey all,

ive been browsing through the many suggestions on here about guitar pick-ups, and basically am still confused. i got a guitar for 20 bucks from my friend. its some kind of ibanez gio. it has two humbuckers, but nothing special they're all stock. I want to put some pick ups that will allow me to play hard rock, clean and metal. are there any pickups that can do this? and preferably not hugely expensive. (include the expensive ones too if you must i dnt mind) I just want to basically fix this bad boy up.

cheers! Thanks!
Quote by Muphin
Jupiter is a fat bitch. We should nuke it.

jersey girls arent trash ...trash gets picked up
staten island doesnt really exist its just a reflection of the fumes from jersey on the water caused by the movement of the sun
Quote by Crimsonashes
hey all,

ive been browsing through the many suggestions on here about guitar pick-ups, and basically am still confused. i got a guitar for 20 bucks from my friend. its some kind of ibanez gio. it has two humbuckers, but nothing special they're all stock. I want to put some pick ups that will allow me to play hard rock, clean and metal. are there any pickups that can do this? and preferably not hugely expensive. (include the expensive ones too if you must i dnt mind) I just want to basically fix this bad boy up.

cheers! Thanks!

Seymour Duncan SH5 and some jazz in the neck, or Dimarzio Evolutions. I haven't seen any under that price range, that are decent. But those rock.'
Problem is, they cost more than you paid for the guitar, and if you're gonna change the stock pickups for under that money, I think you're better of without.
Ibanez s540 with gold Schaller bridge and OMGGOLD hardware

Ibanez RGR320 with Lo-Edge Pro bridge and scalloped fretboard

Lee Jackson XLSC - 500

Roland Microcube

Dunlop Jazz III black
The stock pickups will do what you want just fine - you just need the right amp.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
The stock pickups will do what you want just fine - you just need the right amp.

+1
especially since you only paid $20 for the guitar. It'd be a waste to drop $200 in pickups
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
+1 to Seagull

An amp will make a much bigger impact on your tone than the pickups will. I'd only consider getting new pickups if a) you're still not satisfied with the tone after getting a decent amp, b) if the original pickups are having an issue (as in not working or something), or c) you want to give your guitar a tone that it wasn't originaly constructed for (putting single coil-sized humbuckers in an SSS strat for instance).
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
Quote by Hakael
+1 to Seagull

An amp will make a much bigger impact on your tone than the pickups will.

+2
Seagull as usual knows exactly what he's talking about. +1 to him. I'm going to assume you have a **** starter amp. New amp is probably what you need
nah the pickups dont work. the amp i got is fine for what i do, i just need to fix itup. oh and the price range wasn't 20 $ lol its like about 150... so with that being said....its really just a pet project too...cuz i love working with my hands, and i need something to keep me occupied...idk i was thinkin going for some kind of jazz in the neck...in order to achieve a clean tone....thx guys!! any other input would be great!!
Quote by Muphin

staten island doesnt really exist its just a reflection of the fumes from jersey on the water caused by the movement of the sun
The pickups DO work, it'll just be a problem with the wiring or the selector switch.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by Hakael

thanks!! something like that is all im looking for. simplicty. =) any others that have that kind of versalitiy..feel free to include! thanks to all!!
Quote by Muphin