What's the best way to stop any kids (or curious adults) turning it on and giving everyone including the neighbours permanent hearing damage?

Would removing the power lead whenever I'm away be reasonable?
You could remove the powercable (if possible) and hide it somewhere?
(Or if that's what you mean by power lead, then by all means do that )
You could remove the fuse, but I doubt the fuse holder will handle constant fiddling.
I generally keep mine under a cover with a little sign that says "This is not your amp!" Removing the power cable (or at least keeping it unplugged) would probably be easiest and most effective.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
I find that a suBtle warning can be extremely effective.

Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Like electrifying the head?
are they smart enough to know about the effects loop? you could put an unconnected jack into either the send or return
Remove the power lead, or hide it in the cab if it's the older, non-removable type. You could try putting tape on the switches. If you're lucky, you'll have an amp with power switches that are hard as feck to find if you're a non-guitarist.

(Or even if you are. Aside: My drummer was playing around with my Jetking and Twin Reverb last night. He was trying to turn on the amp (I had it on standby for a few minutes while I took a leak) and couldn't find the power switch. On the Twin, the power and standby switches are on the back panel, right above the power tubes. he decided to just stick his hand back there somewhere, and burned his hand on some of those lovely glowing 6L6GC's. Ouch.)
Last edited by the.spine.surfs at Mar 19, 2008,
when i have to do this I just pull the power tubes out and lay them in the back of the amp.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Appreciate the feedback, thanks.

I'll go with the unconnected jack into send/return FX loop plus disconnect the power cable ideas.
Quote by the.spine.surfs
(Or even if you are. Aside: My drummer was playing around with my Jetking and Twin Reverb last night. He was trying to turn on the amp (I had it on standby for a few minutes while I took a leak) and couldn't find the power switch. On the Twin, the power and standby switches are on the back panel, right above the power tubes. he decided to just stick his hand back there somewhere, and burned his hand on some of those lovely glowing 6L6GC's. Ouch.)

Cool. Did it smell like bacon?
I'm afraid I'll have a problem with this also, but with a combo.

I plan on buying a larger amp pretty soon for my band, and I wouldn't want to lug it back and forth to practice. I'd probably leave it in my drummer's basement (practice area) and practice at home on my Champ.

However, he has a little sister who likes to mess with our stuff.

Last time we caught her and her stupid friends in our practice area, they were beating the drum kit and one of them was sitting on the edge of the hi-hat and spinning like it was a barstool.

He almost murdered them.

I hate to be an ass about it, but if she messed up some of my equipment I'd have to ask his parents to pay for it. I'd rather not go down that road, but I can't think of anything to keep her away from it.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

You feelin' lucky punk? That's what you need to do. Just hide somewhere until someone comes and cranks the amp. Then you pop out with that gun, deliver the classic line, and word will go around. Problem solved.