hey, im looking to buy a new guitar, and it's between the schecter c-1 hellraiser, and an ESP mh-400, im just looking for some opinions of somebody who might own one of these or have tried them so they could tell me witch one is a better buy

Ive heard that the knob on the ESP is to close to the brige pick up is it true? and could it affect the playability of the guitar?

and plus the shecter has an original floyd rose so that kinda why im stuck.

thx and shred on!
ESP has a thinner neck, the Hellraiser has an OFR. The Schecter necks are an acquired neck, so it's reliability vs. playability, basically.
Personally, I'm a fan of the Hellraiser, as I own one. Really well built, solid construction.

Going by just the specs though, I'd still lean towards the Hellraiser mainly because of OFR as opposed to the licensed, and the 2008 Hellraiser models also feature EMGs that can be split/tapped which adds much more flexibility in tone.
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
I own the Hellraiser. I love how it plays. Can't go wrong with either though. IMO
I played an ESP last night and did not like it. It was used so it could have been the tiny ass strings tuned to drop c that threw it off, but I found the EMGs to lack bite and the neck was really uncomfortable. Are the schecter necks similar to these?

But everyone seems to love ESPs... maybe it's because I was raised by Ibanez Wizard necks.
In terms of necks, I kind of see what people are saying. I've played Ibanez, ESP (both actual ESPs and LTDs) and Schecter. In terms of the thickness of the neck, Ibanez is certainly the thinnest, Schecter the thickest, and ESP somewhere in the middle. I have fairly long fingers/big hands, so I have no problems with Schecter necks. I find Ibanez necks to be fast, but somewhat awkward for anything other than shred - chording for me is slightly difficult.

I would personally go with the Hellraiser. You can't go wrong with the OFR and the versatility of the 81TW/89. Your best shot is to just try both with the same rig and see what you think.
Ibanez RGA121 | ESP LTD H-1000
Axe-FX Standard
The hellraiser is by far the best out of these two
Gear
Schecter C1 Hellraiser FR
1967 Ventura Les Paul Copy
Marshall JCM 2000 Dual Super Lead
The Hellraiser is indeed the best here, but keep in my the MH-400 is still a VERY good guitar. I played once a long time ago at GC, and it was a dream. Sounded well, played well, though the neck I believe was a bit thin for my tastes. Not to mention it was a very sexy purply pink colour.

But the Hellraiser you should get. OFR FTW!
Bands to see before I die:
Iron Maiden
Foo Fighters
Megadeth
Reel Big Fish
Rush
Streetlight Manifesto

Gear:
Epi LP Standard
Washburn Strat
Line 6 Spider (Yes, I know it's bad)

GAS:
Ibanez RG3570Z
Digitech Whammy
Mh-400.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
I just got back from playing ESPs and this Hellraiser. For my big hands there is no doubt. The Hellraiser is sweet! I am going to get it tomorrow.

Do you any of you guys have recommendations on amp brands? I am going for a progressive thrash/dark metal sound.
Quote by manahei
I just got back from playing ESPs and this Hellraiser. For my big hands there is no doubt. The Hellraiser is sweet! I am going to get it tomorrow.

Do you any of you guys have recommendations on amp brands? I am going for a progressive thrash/dark metal sound.
how much for an amp
The schecter has a great bridge and probably a thicker neck. Its still a very comfortable neck though. Both are great guitars. I don't remember if the MH 400 has a floyd but anyways, you can't beat a nice OFR, unless of cause you have an Edge.

Out of these two i would get the Hellraiser, but thats just my opinion. Both guitar are great. Get whichever one you feel best with and looks best to you.
-Shecter C-7 Hellraiser FR, Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR,
ESP LTD F-2005, Ibanez RG7321
-Peavey 6505+
-Maxon OD-9, Dunlop 535Q Wah, EHX Deluxe Memory Man, MXR 10-band EQ, MXR Super Comp
Melodeath: www.myspace.com/incarnia
UG Gain Whore
hellraiser is better value and better made

i tried a prs then a hellraiser the other day and it was up there with the build quality. i was extremely surprised. ive played other schecters which are crap
Hellraiser. I've never played a bad Schecter. And besides, the statistics are simply better.
Quote by mrvile

This is UG, we love Schecters and Ibanez and Jacksons, we hate Deans and BCR's, we hate Marshall MG's, and everyone needs a new amp.
Cant go wrong with both. But based on value for money, the Hellraiser wins hands down.
Originally Posted by Devon8822
No!! Stop Now, Plugging More Than One Pedal In At A Time Could Be A Disaster.... Your Guitar Will Explode And Kill Your Band.

Quote by KrustyD3mons
thanks man

^To me

My gear:
Ibanez RG370DX
Roland Cube 30