So the time has come where my phone contract has ran out. So its time to upgrade. Problem is, I don't have a clue what to get...

I currently have Samsung D900. Its been a good phone, only flaws are the short battery life and the camera quality in dark.

I was looking at Samsung G600, but its basically the same phoen with a 5 megapixel camera. And I'm not entirely sure I want to stay with Samsung because of the battery life.

So I turn to you, UG!! Anyone got any reccomendations on phones they seen/got?
LG Viewty mann. People may tell you it looks "feminine", but trust me, it's an amazing phone. Touch screen, 5mp camera. Really fun to play with. Plus it has this thing on the video where it records them at 120 frames per second, which isn't actually noticably different to the human eye played at full speed like 30fps, so it slows stuff down and watch it all slow-mo Matrix style, in perfect quality. Awesome for recording skateboarding tricks or huge guitar jumps :P Get it if you can as an upgrade. Highly recommended Either that or a Nokia N95 8gb, but that has a really hefty price tag <3 XxxxxX
Quote by whiteraven119
My new hero. Anyone willing to use lethal martial arts against hxc kids is amazing.

That's me

Quote by jaridv1
my penis has a restraining order against me because i beat it

well seeing as you won't re-post I'll put it in here...

LG viewty's ok but the software is poo.

Samsung has low battery life and the camera is quite poor quality, like the D900 it is dark.

If you want a 5mpx camera get the sony ericsson k850i, 5 megapixel and an mp3 player.

What network will you be upgrading with? This seriously changes what phones you can get. The Nokia n95 is a nice phone, 5 mpx camera, but it needs charging like every day.
I'm on 02 at the minute. But because I'm a loyal customer, they said they will bring the contract down from £35 a month to £20 a month, but if they do that, I have to buy the handset.

So that is an option other than upgrading that I was thinking abuot..
Thatt would be a sim only deal, lol. Virgin do the best sim only deals, think about going with them if you want to do that.

Go somewhere like carphone warehouse and shop around, some networks don't offer certain handsets. Decide from the carphone catalogue what phone you want, and then find a network that does it and pick the one which has the best tariff.
Whats the 6300 like? They offered me that but it don;t look a huge improvment on my D900..
No, it isn't. They're pretty similar.

2 mpx camera which is a downgrade from what you already have.

Seriously, look elsewhere. 02 are trying to rip you off hoping ignorance to other offers will make you take up a worse phone. That's why I left them.
I was looking at LG KU990 Viewty. Tariff is T-Mobile Flext 25.

On minutes and texts, it says 'up to 300 minutes' and 'up to 600 texts'.
Does that basically mean 300 mins and 600 texts a month, or is it some sort of combination between the 2?
Quote by DeSean
I was looking at LG KU990 Viewty. Tariff is T-Mobile Flext 25.

On minutes and texts, it says 'up to 300 minutes' and 'up to 600 texts'.
Does that basically mean 300 mins and 600 texts a month, or is it some sort of combination between the 2?

Yeah I think it's a combination of the two. You can get the viewty on virgin mobile as well, but how many minutes and texts do you use?
Hmm. See what 3 have to offer, I know they're doing something like 500 mins and unlimited texts for £25, so they might be doing something better suited to u for cheaper.

You can get 450 mins and 450 texts on virgin sim only for £20 but you'd have to buy the phone yourself.