Do cabs affect the tone/sound? I'm being pushed to get a Marshall 1960A. All I have currently is a MG cab, so would it be worth it to drop $400 or so on a 1960?

I'm using a JCM2000 head by the way.
ADELOS
POP PUNK
for fans of...

Motion City Soundtrack, Get Up Kids, Jimmy Eat World, Transit, Brand New, Dashboard Confessional, Early November, Fall Out Boy, Jawbreaker, Polar Bear Club, The Story So Far, the Wonder Years, Something Corporate.
oh my god yes. They affect sound like crazy.....
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
Quote by Brendan.Clace
oh my god yes. They affect sound like crazy.....

Electronically speaking, how does it affect it?
ADELOS
POP PUNK
for fans of...

Motion City Soundtrack, Get Up Kids, Jimmy Eat World, Transit, Brand New, Dashboard Confessional, Early November, Fall Out Boy, Jawbreaker, Polar Bear Club, The Story So Far, the Wonder Years, Something Corporate.
Completely disregarding the speakers, just about every aspect of cab design will affect your tone. This includes internal dimensions, openings and ports, speaker angles, baffles, shape, etc. About the only aspect of cab design that doesn't is which color tolex you use.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
Quote by Kendall
Completely disregarding the speakers, just about every aspect of cab design will affect your tone. This includes internal dimensions, openings and ports, speaker angles, baffles, shape, etc. About the only aspect of cab design that doesn't is which color tolex you use.

+1

If you're concerned about the cost, maybe consider a higher quality 2x12 like the 1936.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.