Basicly I'm 90% set on buying this guitar. Been looking for quite a while now and it really fits the bill. Nice pups, licensed floyd seems to be pretty solid for a non-ofr, neck is fast as hell and action was great on the ones I played (of course I'd set it up right away to my likings).

I'd appreciate it if anyone who owns/has played this guitar could post their overall thoughts on it. Preferably people who are into metal/rock and how it handles fast shredding.
i got one, had it bout a year id say, love it to bits.

trems solid, awesome neck, like the pickups (would prefer hum on neck but dnt bother me too much)

yeah go for it dude, solid guitars (Y)
Gear:
Jackson DK2 Trans Black

Peavey 6505
Marshall 1960AV
I have a DK 7-string (the Christian Olde Wolbers sig), and i like the neck, but i don't like the body that much. The place where you rest your right arm (above the pickups, so closest to your shoulder) is a bit too high for me and it forces my wrist in a strange position to palm mute.
But maybe i'm not used to it because a play a King V most of the time.
There was one I played at a Guitar Center that had a blue flamed maple top, all real Seymour Duncan pickups and the Jackson LFR. It played like a soloist, and the trem didn't go out of tune, and did the 'fluttering'. Some won't do it, I'm not sure why. But I can't live without this effect on a trem . It was one like this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-JACKSON-DK2-DINKY-ELECTRIC-GUITAR-TRANSPARENT-BLUE_W0QQitemZ360029566469QQihZ023QQcategoryZ33044QQcmdZViewItem

Make sure to try a bunch of them out if you can before buying one.
Quote by decadence5423
There was one I played at a Guitar Center that had a blue flamed maple top, all real Seymour Duncan pickups and the Jackson LFR. It played like a soloist, and the trem didn't go out of tune, and did the 'fluttering'. Some won't do it, I'm not sure why. But I can't live without this effect on a trem . It was one like this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-JACKSON-DK2-DINKY-ELECTRIC-GUITAR-TRANSPARENT-BLUE_W0QQitemZ360029566469QQihZ023QQcategoryZ33044QQcmdZViewItem

Make sure to try a bunch of them out if you can before buying one.

I've played literally every jackson in my price range, as well as a few beyond it. The axe you linked there is exactly the one I am talking about, only I plan on getting the eerie dess finish as it looks so damn sexy.
I think about getting whether DK2 or KE3.
Current situation:
Proud owner of Jackson JS30RR and Roland Cube 30X