Ok guys.. this is a serious problem, I don't have the feeling.. while I play.. I don't know if that is quite understandable, but one of my bandmates put it this way:
Okay, If you want to sing your FAVORITE song, how would you sing it. YOU would be like screaming, and dancing and being all crazy and that. That's how we all want you to play.. Let it drive you crazy.

So, since that day, I've been seriously trying to loose control while playing, I mean, to show some feeling, but it is too hard on public. I mean, I can play a song perfectly (or almost) but I can't show how much I love playing it... I mean, I do LOVE playing, but I don't show It.. and I really want to improve that.. Any tips?

Ps. I know this is a hard-to-understand thread.. I'm really sorry but my english is still not that good enough...

EDIT: WHy did I even title this thread like that?

"When I die, I want people to play my music, go wild and freak out and do anything they want to do." - Jimi Hendrix

"A dream you dream alone is only a dream. A dream you dream together is reality." - John Lennon

I'm a GIRL!
Last edited by pawm24 at Mar 19, 2008,
I have the same 'problem' as you would call it.

It does take some practice to do something else while playing a song however. My first gig I concentrated on my playing too much, I didn't really enjoy it that much. It was like playing on a rehearsal. I think the more you practice, the easier it is to take your mind off the technical part of playing the guitar, and you can think about moving around a bit, headbang or interact with the audience.
Just my 2 cents.

Edit, just practice in the mirror !
hey. when your in rehershalls throw yourself around a bit. make it clear what your doing so they dont get annoyed with you missing the odd note, but insist on doing. after a few sessions you should be able to play as well as beforewhile moving slightly, a few more you may be able to jump etc etc
Videotape a rehearsal. And then watch it back as if you're watching any random band's live dvd and see what you look like while playing. And then attempt to change that.
hey.. guys thanks a lot!

"When I die, I want people to play my music, go wild and freak out and do anything they want to do." - Jimi Hendrix

"A dream you dream alone is only a dream. A dream you dream together is reality." - John Lennon

I'm a GIRL!
Just get into a groove. Don't be afraid that you'll look stupid or embarrass yourself or anything like that... feel the music and just move with it.

And if you do end up doing something stupid just remember that YOU were the one up on the stage rocking out and having fun and thats all that should matter! Don't worry about what someone thinks of you when they probably dont even know the first thing about playing music!
Yeah, you need to be happy with who you are, and not afraid to look stupid.
Think of it this way. You are holding a guitar, it doesn't matter how you move, the guitar will negate the ill effects of bad movements.

Its all according to Einstein's theory:

Guitar = Pure + instant Sexiness

2004 Fender American HSS Strat
Hughes And Kettner Switchblade
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
Epi LP Classic
Epi G-400
Yamaha acoustic
Boss DD-3 Delay
B.Y.O.C. MXR Distortion+
Vox Wah
Ibanez TS9 Tube Screamer
Yeah I have problems with this too. What I find best is just relaxing instead of worrying about my playing so much and get into the "groove". It just takes some practice to get used to I guess...

Best of luck!