Hi guys!!

I have been the owner of an LTD AX-250 for th past year and a half and now its time to move on to a better shred guitar. I was wondering which was the best between a Jackson soloist, an ESP Eclipse, an ESP M-II or maybe a washburn or ibanez. Post your opinion guys!!!! Which guitar is the most playable? Prefarable would like wone with an original floyd rose trem and emg pickups but may choose otherwise if i really like the guitar. Thanks in advance
You might want to check out the Ibanez RG Prestige and S Prestige series, as well as the Ibanez JS and JEM. They all have double locking tremolos (not original floyd rose but they're just as good as floyd rose trems, if not better). How come you're thinking about the eclipse? It is a great instrument, but not a typical shred axe.

EDIT: If you're experimental, see if you like the Ibanez RG eight-string guitar.
Any of those, and a whole lot more, will do if you're just looking for shred. If you want a guitar that also sounds a certain way then we have a different discussion altogether.
Quote by TheQuailman
How come you're thinking about the eclipse? It is a great instrument, but not a typical shred axe.

+1 i would consider the jackson even though i am a huge fan of fender.
Whats your price range?
Oddly enough Ernie Ball Musicman Petrucci has a mean fast neck.
My freind bought one (3k for a guitar cant be justifyed by my) so I have been giving it a go.
Amazing sound and excelent feel.
I play all shred and was surprised how fast the neck is on the thing. the tremelo bridge, cant remember who makes them for EB is decent aswell.
Jackson RR3 - BKP Painkiller/Warpig
Bugera 333XL 212
Pod Studio UX1
MXR Smart Gate
Hardwire CM-2
Quote by ibikinz
+1 i would consider the jackson even though i am a huge fan of fender.

Fender owns Jackson.
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
Btw my price range is 2-2.5 grand USD

Keep the great feedback coming guys!!!!
Quote by Sheepbane
Whats your price range?
Oddly enough Ernie Ball Musicman Petrucci has a mean fast neck.
My freind bought one (3k for a guitar cant be justifyed by my) so I have been giving it a go.
Amazing sound and excelent feel.
I play all shred and was surprised how fast the neck is on the thing. the tremelo bridge, cant remember who makes them for EB is decent aswell.

Why would John Petrucci's signature guitar not be suited for fast playing?

- edit - If your price range is THAT high I'd consider PRS, believe it or not but you can shred the living **** out of those (if you feel like it), not to mention they sound great and are very versatile. Try one with the Wide Thin neck carve and you'll see what I mean.
Quote by Rizazzo
Btw my price range is 2-2.5 grand USD

Keep the great feedback coming guys!!!!

You could get some serious geet for that. You could get a great JEM for that price although its not everyones cuppa tea since they are signature models.

PSN ID: ArranP
Ibanez RG270. Yeah I know of course it's cheap but the neck is really really playable . Maybe you have to change the old pickups but the original ones are OK too. The FR is helpfull but not really necessary...

That's my opinion.
Yes i am also considering the Ibanez RG Prestige series which have really beautiful guitars but i don't wanna buy anyone's signature. Signatures suck balls lol. I wanna have my own signature some day..........
If you truly wanna spend that much then there's only one choice in my book, CARVIN CUSTOM to your specs with one of thier quilted maple tops and 7 piece necks with rounded body.

Check them out: www.carvin.com
It is 100% preference at that price range. Try all sorts... Jackson/Charvel, ESP, maybe a Suhr of some kind. Dunno what Tom Andersons and James Tyler go for used, but you may find one around $2500. Carvin is another option, but try before you buy somehow. I've heard a few people say that they aren't anything better than most of your high end Japanese imports or lower end ESPs. I've heard a lot of people compare them to the Charvel Model series in build quality, which while that means it's VERY good, it's nothing truly above it's price range.
Member of the Jackson RR24 Owners club!

Esp Eclipse II Snow white
Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez RGA-8
Jackson RR24 Black w/yellow bevels, Limited 1/75
Yamaha FG-400A
18 yrs old and $2500 US for a guitar. Good. For. You! I would go Paul Reed Smith. Or start rebuilding my hot rod, one or the other... But +1 on the PRS.
If you want to be experimental, while on pure shred, I think the best I have ever tried are due to tone, and speed, and shred versatility

Gary Kramer Turbulence R (By far the best thing for shred, although im still getting used to the upper frets, after the 28th fret I usually just pick tap)

Ibanez Jem/or RGt42dx or jackson soloist: ( They both are fast as hell, but the jem has better pickups, and tremolo. The rgt42dx is faster neck through, and I have yet to figure out why people don't like the edge III tremolo. I divebomb on it a lot, and looking at the tuner it still in tune. The soloist is a combination of both, having the better body of the rgt42dx, with pickups that rival those in the jem, although i would still chooose the edge pro over the floyd)

Carvin strat (Simply awesome but the pickups are sort of weak for shred... the one I tried at least)
Ibanez Jem Steve Vai signature or Jackson RR1
Ovation Celebrity
Schecter C-1 Classic
Peavey Valve King 112
its a tie between the jackson soloist guitars or ibanez rg prestige guitars. they are both beautiful and play phenomenally. they are the perfect guitars.