Yeah i was simply browsing some utube videos and stuf like that , and i saw some people playing keyboard , wich is an instrument i simply forgot it existed . Then i remembered that yeah i do have one myself , got it when i was 8 or something and..yeah you just got it...tryed to play a few times and never got it.. ( duh 8 years and trying to learn by myself...) The keyboard is Casio CTK-401 and i've googling to see if it's a decent keyboard to just learn some stuff in it , looks like it was an beginner keyboard already 10 years ago (surprise) . I'm just wondering , does it still does the "job" for some musics or i just let it be there in the closet and keep with my crappy guitar ? I do really wanna know how to play it , just don't wanna look like a retard playing in a beginner keyboard...you got the point.
Wikipedia said this.

"A Ctk-401 is a low-range digital piano created by Casio as part of the company's CTK line of products. Used commonly in the late 90's by amateur musicians and piano enthusiasts."

But any keyboard can sound good with enough effects and tweaking. Is it sampled?
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
LOL! Ish so many thing in top of the keyboard -_-" I'm gonna do a mess just to take it out

[Edit] Btw how does it works anyways ? Does it have any connection to...something ? -_-" I'm such an ignorant
Hey, as long as you like the sound, it's cool. I have an ancient keyboard myself (Yamaha PSR3) and I still play it although I have a far better one as well. The sounds these things will get you don't even sound close to what they try to emulate (the "brass" section of my keyboard is downright hilarious), still you might like it. And at least you can do some crazy 80's stuff.
Quote by Mixed2k
LOL! Ish so many thing in top of the keyboard -_-" I'm gonna do a mess just to take it out

[Edit] Btw how does it works anyways ? Does it have any connection to...something ? -_-" I'm such an ignorant

Does it have two plugs like this in the back?

Or is there just a headphones jack?
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Ah this brings me back..I remember my first keyboard. It had 3 octaves, and the keys were horrible..not wierghted, or even tensioned. You'd just touch it by mistake with your pinky and it would give the harshest most aggressive note you'd ever heard..

Good luck!
It has one of those "big" headphones jack , not sure what to call it
It will certainly do the job for just learning. If you actually want to gig, you'll probably need something better, unless you just want some cheesey noveltly sounds.
If you could blow up the world with a flick of a switch,
Would you do it?

If you could make everybody poor just so you could be rich,
Would you do it?

With all your power,
What would you do?
And there it goes to the closet again xP Not my type , gogo pure acoustic sound
hey guys, I found this awesome keyboard. think i could gig with it?

It's got a sweet built in Drum machine!

And It can do vibrato, has all these cool voices and has a tiny microphone plug!

All that and it has seperate volume controls for the mic AND the keyboard as well as having a built in speaker!

Pretty sweet eh guys?

Edit pics coming!

Should i start a band now or later?
Last edited by rizo299 at Mar 19, 2008,
Quote by rizo299

And It can do vibrato, has all these cool voices and has a tiny microphone plug!

All that and it has seperate volume controls for the mic AND the keyboard as well as having a built in speaker!

Pretty sweet eh guys?

Edit pics coming!

There was no need for that...
Quote by rizo299

Pretty sweet eh guys?

Edit pics coming!

Oh God! Is that the limited edition Yamaha CHX-2098?! I've been looking for one of those for years!
you guys should check out my thread

The Unheard Of Biker Gang

prove some dudes wrong

whos with me?!?
Quote by Adawg#12
you guys should check out my thread

The Unheard Of Biker Gang

prove some dudes wrong

whos with me?!?

*reported*

Also, this thread now seems to be abou posting your own crappy key boards I have two more that i might post
Quote by rizo299
*reported*

Also, this thread now seems to be abou posting your own crappy key boards I have two more that i might post

*reported*

jerk
Quote by rizo299

Pretty sweet eh guys?

Edit pics coming!

Holy ****, I have that very same keyboard... It is a piece of ****.
Rizo- my mate has that keyboard. It's a load of balls. :p
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Quote by Adawg#12
maybe
whatcha gonna do im Irish

Have fun in FOTB
Quote by Rockwolf
Holy ****, I have that very same keyboard... It is a piece of ****.

Quote by rabidguitarist
Rizo- my mate has that keyboard. It's a load of balls. :p

There should be an owners club or something
Quote by Arthur Curry
here's my synth...

i love it.

Back in the day I was trying to choose between one of them and some sort of roland I think.

In the end I ended up not buying either, some else caught my eye and i have a short attention span.

Every band in my area has one of them these days and they only seem to be able to use the presets

Pretty neat little things when you get fiddling with them though
only the presets?!?! what a waste. yeah i was surprised at how many bands use it. like, postal service, of montreal, dntl, three 6 mafia, a bunch of techno guys...it's a really versatile instrument.