Do you ever get bored and look back at songs you think you already learned, but turns out along the line to started playing it differently?

I was looking through songs I already learned, came across Chop Suey by System of a Down and to my amazement, I have been playing the main riff wrong. *cries* How I did that.... I dunno.
Yeah, i found an old folder i used to use when i first started playing. Everything that i had in there i learnt the basic rythm and riffs of, but i suppose ive improved it over time I really did used to learn some n00bish songs lol.
Quote by Atomic_Assault
lololololol that was epic andyd93. you just made my day

PROUD EVERTONIAN
I did that a while ago, I realized that for the past year I've been playing part of the solo from "Wish You Were Here" wrong.
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
but sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
People always tell me I solo like Zakk Wylde. Thats how I know that I suck.
Yea.

Even worse is learning the tab correctly, and it being wrong. Then its not even your fault.
Yeah haha...i remember all i played was Green Day and some System of a Down if I was feeling crazy.
Quote by rizo299
I hate looking at tabs that have 5 stars and then discovering that infact they're completely wrong.

Agrreeeeed.
R E G G A E
I learned how to play "Wonderwall" by Oasis without a capo, only to find 2 months afterwords I could use a capo...I felt like such a noob, but I learned how to use Barre chords faster than my friends did, so it wasn't ALL bad =]
I know after I played the songs hundreds of times it won't sound like what I started out with. It seems that I smoothed 'em out or something like fitting my style.

When you play covers I don't see how you can be

page-iommi-hagger-farner-blackmore-hetfield-etc

when there's only you.

Anyway, if the song sounds good then that's all it matters.
Quote by thsrayas
I did that a while ago, I realized that for the past year I've been playing part of the solo from "Wish You Were Here" wrong.

Incubus? Thats an awesome song. I'v been hooked on that, Testify (RATM, and Chop Suey (SOAD) all week.
Quote by -Wolverine-
Incubus? Thats an awesome song. I'v been hooked on that, Testify (RATM, and Chop Suey (SOAD) all week.

Try Pink Floyd instead.
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
but sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
People always tell me I solo like Zakk Wylde. Thats how I know that I suck.
Quote by Fleabag
Yea.

Even worse is learning the tab correctly, and it being wrong. Then its not even your fault.

it's a kick in the face.
Not a tab, a review. But I'd say what's being discussed still applies.

My spelling was horrible, and I didn't even go through everything I should have. I still like Chronic Future, too
When you saw me sleeping
thought I was dreaming
of you...

I didn't tell you
That the only dream
Is Valium for me
I never learn anything right in the first place. I just play it vaugly right by ear. I'd like to think it gives it my personality or something like that, kinda like PanHead said.
If you could blow up the world with a flick of a switch,
Would you do it?

If you could make everybody poor just so you could be rich,
Would you do it?

With all your power,
What would you do?
Quote by -Wolverine-

haha
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Are you not saying those songs are awesome?

*hooked on Black Boys on Mopeds - Chevelle*

Quote by thsrayas
Try Pink Floyd instead.

Had a feeling.