Would there be a way, using all the strat components (5 way switch and 3 pots) to enable me to somehow get all 3 pickups on at once and have all 3 pots as volume pots for each pickup?

any ideas, suggestions or schematics would be awesome

Thanks
-Blues_King
lol@u
i guess you would wire sort of all the ground terminals on the pots together, then wire the input hots to each other, lose the 5 way and the cap on the tone pot and solder the input groung to the last ground.
if u get what i mean
i think if u chech the pics in , whoops, maybe that doesn't work, how about my profile
there shud be a diagram coz it wouldn't fit here, but remember i'm not sure
WAIT: remember that you have to wire the pickups hot mire to the middle terminal, otherwise it will become a master volume pot, Middle, not side.
Last edited by Telecaster7 at Apr 15, 2008,
well, if you want all three as volume pots for each pickup you could just do away with the switch altogether and then just turn the volume to zero for pickups you didn't want to use.
Why do you want all three on at once? It's not going to sound as powerful/loud/good as you're probably imagining. It's pretty disappointing, really.
Quote by Roc8995
well, if you want all three as volume pots for each pickup you could just do away with the switch altogether and then just turn the volume to zero for pickups you didn't want to use.
Why do you want all three on at once? It's not going to sound as powerful/loud/good as you're probably imagining. It's pretty disappointing, really.

Your idea of just 3 volumes is a great one.

And I had a deluxe players strat that had a button for the bridge pickup. When I had the 5 way on Neck+Mid and the bridge switch on, the sound was similar and not at all special