I play an SG and kept snapping strings over the past few months, so I've recently put on 13's, and love em but they've tweaked my action to the point where its dang near unplayable, about a 1/4 inch gap between the strings and the fret board. I'm going in today to see if anything can be done to fix it, I've already adjusted the action to as low as it can go but its still bad. Any advice on how to talk to them to explain what I need done, without sounding like a rook?
Say something like, "Can you please adjust my truss rod to improve my action? I've gone as far as I'm willing to go but to be honest, I don't want to make a mistake and screw something up."
It sounds pretty straight forward - you want as low as possible action with minimal fret buzz. What else is there to explain?
Schecter C-1 Classic (Antique Amber)
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
Crate Palamino Class A tube combo
Digitech RP80 Multieffects pedal
Ibanez TS9 DX Tube Screamer
Quote by Rrioclkled

Damnit! You Suck!! I had to shut down my browser - I had like 50 tabs open man!
Schecter C-1 Classic (Antique Amber)
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
Crate Palamino Class A tube combo
Digitech RP80 Multieffects pedal
Ibanez TS9 DX Tube Screamer
I found it good to familiar yourself with the terms and basics of guitar maintenance just so you can understand what they are talking about and know your not paying for something you do not need done. I play 9s I used to use 8s but the player packs they sell at the big stores usually go only as low as 9s so I switched to save money. I never really had a problem popping strings and when If did it usually was a sharp edge on the bridge or the tuners that needed a little attention. 1/4" seem very high to me I love my action to be very low at least half what your is. I can adjust my own guitar so I can adjust the truss rod and bridge height and set the rest myself. I don't know aht you'll pay for a set up but here it's about $35.00 not including strings. When you take it in explain to them that you were breaking strings so they can check to see why. With a heavier gauge they might not break as often but still might break easy if there is a sharp edge cutting into them. I had a string thru that broke strings and it turned out to be the ferrules and I replaced all six because I noticed a lot of wear on the heavier strings.