and who would want to buy it? for $3370, i think i'll pass.

http://www.devillain.com/centerfold/
My live set-up:
72 Tele Custom
TC Electronics Polytune
MXR Dynacomp
deviever Shoe Gazer
Way Huge Red Llama Clone
Effector13 Soda Meiser
Vintage Proco Rat
DOD Buzzbox
Dwarfcraft Robot Devil
EA Tremolo
Lovepedal Pickle Vibe
Traynor YBA-2B
Quote by Rrioclkled

*reported*

I'm not gonna pay that much for a guitar that folds up when I have no problem transporting/storing a normal one.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
f*cking pointless.
FREE THE PEAR

Robot Lewis Stevenson of the Timesplitters group! Join!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrioclkled
This is the reason

I hate you.

yeah, that's pretty retarded. I hate him too.
FREE THE PEAR

Robot Lewis Stevenson of the Timesplitters group! Join!
i think its kinda cool

wait a couple of years for the price to drop a bit and i can see it filling an empty spot in the guitar market

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
thats actually really interesting. kinda like a travel guitar, but its full sized (i think). if i was a bussiness man who traveled a lot, i would enjoy something like that so i could always take a guitar on trips with me. its got some potential.
Yeah, it really is an intriguing piece of engineering. Perfect for the rich business man.
Quote by thrilla13w
The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
cowdude speaks words of infinite wisdomery.
Quote by jof1029
thats actually really interesting. kinda like a travel guitar, but its full sized (i think). if i was a bussiness man who traveled a lot, i would enjoy something like that so i could always take a guitar on trips with me. its got some potential.

Yeah, I saw a similar guitar this year at NAMM that was considerably cheaper (but I don't remember the name or the price. I'll have to go through my pile of NAMM swag to find it). They had electric & acoustic versions, & the cool thing was that the guitar actually played better than many expensive guitars I've tried. The strings just loosened up though, & didn't roll up like the one above(when folded). Pretty neat idea, since it can fit easily into a regular suitcase.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Riffhog for President

Quote by Cathbard
There's no point apologising for your feet smelling when there's a 300lb gorilla in the room taking a crap on the couch.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2011
Oh, right. Invented by that Swedish guy.

I read about it more than a year ago.
lol yeah the strings won't last long since strings come coiled up so just letting them rest coiled up would make them break so much faster-... Wait- damn logic!
Guitarsenal:
Genz Benz El Diablo 60
Avatar cab with Man O War, Black Powder speakers
Schecter 20th Aniv. Stealth #07 out of 100
i don't trust the neck not to fold up while i'm playing...
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
Quote by Drewski09
lol yeah the strings won't last long since strings come coiled up so just letting them rest coiled up would make them break so much faster-... Wait- damn logic!

it's the change in tension that'll cause them to break, not the way they're stored.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by hendriko
i think its kinda cool

wait a couple of years for the price to drop a bit and i can see it filling an empty spot in the guitar market

I could see it filling an empty spot in my driveway.

But seriously, the strings winding up on the tailpiece like that is quite clever. I agree with a previous poster that it could play hell on string longevity.
Quote by mr_hankey
Oh, right. Invented by that Swedish guy.

I read about it more than a year ago.

i saw a thread here too.
and i don't know, i think, id rather use a cheap travel guitar.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Why do I have a feeling nobody is going to buy this? Haha..
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey 5150
Vader Cabinet 4x12
Roland Cube 30X
Line 6 Toneport UX1
Morley Bad Horsie II

Interesting idea, but aren't we allowed to take our normal sized guitars as onto an airplane as a carry-on? It Depends on the airline I guess, but I remember doing it, and the travel size issue is really the only reason I'd get something like this.

One of these and something like a gt-10 would make an awesome travel rig.
I suppose the idea is good, but the price is really kinda steep. I'd personally just use a cheaper travel guitar if I actually traveled.
Mitch Hedberg Group
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/koalabears/

Quote by Irnmaiden4life
why didnt you just play like crap?
if you need help with that, ask Vincent745

Quote by imgooley
Awe, so cute...

How old are you?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Old enough to yell rape.
Hello all,

I'm Leif from DeVillain Guitar Co that makes the Centerfold guitars.
Just wanted to pass on some info about the guitar.

1. Price - Yes 3370$ is a lot of money. Remember though that this is a handbuilt guitar with DiMarzio Pickups, TonePros Bridge, Grover tuners, Switchcraft Electronics, Honduran Mahogany body, nitro lacquer and so on. It's in the same price range as other handcrafted guitars with the same specs, only more innovative...

2. We will however launch 2 new versions later this year. They will be built in Asia.
Centerfold Slim Edition will have mahogany body in solid colors (PU), maple neck, 1 high output humbucker and retail at around 1200$ (US). Centerfold Player Edition will have mahogany body in see through colors and beutiful bubinga and rosewood tops, maple neck, 2 vintage output humbuckers and will retail at around 1600$

3. Just to explain why we build these guitars. We lacked high quality guitars that were portable. Not only for flights, but for bus, subway, motorbike, walking or any way you transport yourself to rehearsals, gigs and recordings. It's not meant to be "just" a travel guitar. It's meant to be a "real" guitar, only portable. We made it big enough to be full sized, but small enough to be as portable as possible. Some of you may hate the design and some of you may love it. That's ok. Many more models and body shapes will come later.

4. String life and "does it stay in tune?". It stays reasonably in tune when you fold it and unfold it back. Only fine tuning is needed. Usually you only do this when you transport the guitar and that will make most guitars go slightly out of tune. String life, we were thinking the same thing, but it doesn't seem to affect the life of the strings at all. We have been to Musikmesse twice and NAMM once and we fold the demo guitars thousands of times during these four days. We usually break one or two strings per day...

Sorry, this is becoming a long post. If you have any more questions I will be happy to answer. If you hate the concept that's ok as well. We realise it takes some time to get used to the idea (I thought it was a stupid idea myself until I tried it 3 years ago ;-).

All the best,
Leif / DeVillain Guitar Co