so i just stole this from my buddy's garage, and i was wondering if i could use it at all. for anything.

i'll link to pics because resizing on photobucket is a bitch.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b144/dakotamartin/amp001.jpg

front panel. "realistic mpa-20 120/12V solid state P.A amplifier"
it has 2 inputs, and the knobs are:
mic 1 (1-10)
mic 2 (1-10)
phono auxiliary (-5 - +5)
master (1-10)
tone control (1-10)
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b144/dakotamartin/amp002.jpg

back panel.
5 screw-style connectors labeled:
com
4 ohms
8 ohms
16 ohms
70V

2 RC style jacks labeled:
aux
phono
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b144/dakotamartin/amp003.jpg

guts
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b144/dakotamartin/amp005.jpg

could i somehow connect this to a cab/combo amp as is? could i modify it?

thanks in advance.
I think you could use it but it wont sound as good as an amp since its made for vocals/mics..
Quote by RetroGunslinger
this is like comparing a flushing toilet to a hole in the ground
This will amplify any signal that goes into it. Even your guitar's signal. Which, you could then connect to a cab.

BUT... it is VERY unlikely you will enjoy the sound. (all this does is amplify; a guitar "amp" does much more than amplification, it also controls the tone/feel of the sound)

If you wish to try it out... connect your guitar to the inputs in front (either one). Plug a cab into one of the back outputs, but match it to the impedance of your speaker cab. (ie, if you have a 4ohm cab, plug it into the 4ohm output, etc)

Then fiddle with the knobs... But again, all this is going to do is making the 'raw' guitar signal louder... Feel free to try it out for experimentation, but don't expect this to be your new/cool "guitar amp".
Seems like an amplifier from a hi-fi setup. Not of much use for guitar I guess.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
It's stereo amp, and I don't think it's tube. However, for a stereo amp, it is very good. Don't plug guitar into it; just use it as hi-fi if it works.

Quote by jxljxl
If UG had a Facebook style Relationship thing, I'd e-marry you C-mak

Quote by jxljxl
I want C-mak in my bum.

^Think he might have a thing for me...
It's stereo amp, and I don't think it's tube. However, for a stereo amp, it is very good. Don't plug guitar into it; just use it as hi-fi if it works.
it clearly says solid state.
Quote by RetroGunslinger
this is like comparing a flushing toilet to a hole in the ground

...Damn, beaten to it.
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
^Twice...

But, using a PA for an amp is usually not a good idea. I have tried out before, and it sounded bland and stupid. But, give it a shot.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by schecters6

could i somehow connect this to a cab/combo amp as is? could i modify it?

Now I come to think of, it's stereo amp, and I don't think it's tube. However, for a stereo amp, it is very good. Don't plug guitar into it; just use it as hi-fi if it works.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
I think that Green Jelly is right
hmmmm......It's stereo amp, and I don't think it's tube. However, for a stereo amp, it is very good. Don't plug guitar into it; just use it as hi-fi if it works. :P
Quote by cmakkidguitar

what the **** is that from?
omg not another thread dedicated to this.
Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard (with EMG 81/85)
Mesa/Boogie Single Rectifier Solo Head Series 2
Marshall Valvestate 8100
Lopo Line 2x12 Slant w/ WGS v30 clones
Boss MT-2
Danelectro Fish and Chips
Quote by PCbassist
what the **** is that from?

I dont know.....but

nah you guys are wrong
in my opinion, It's stereo amp, and I don't think it's tube. However, for a stereo amp, it is very good. Don't plug guitar into it; just use it as hi-fi if it works.

In soviet Russia, tubes don't have you, but you're very good. Guitars plug not into it, as the hi-fi will plug into you
Quote by jxljxl
If UG had a Facebook style Relationship thing, I'd e-marry you C-mak

Quote by jxljxl
I want C-mak in my bum.

^Think he might have a thing for me...