those who live there in socal or norcal, what's it like? would you reccomend moving there?
Yes, if you can afford it
i've been to san diego and i loved it! going back this summer for a cousins wedding, it's definitely awesome, plus the music scene is booming! although, you will bump elbows with rap "gangsters"...

still cool though
giggidy-gigidy-giggidy-giggidy

stage setup:
heavily modded yamaha
modded strat
fernandes- no name

carvin 100 head through marshall cab
and if you can speak spanish
you can get medicinal marijuana about as easily as you can go into burger king and get a whopper
gear

Fender Standard Tele (with kill-switch)
PRS SE Custom
Fender Hot Rod Deville
Boss DD-3 Delay
Boss GE-7 Eq
Boss DS-1 distortion
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff
Boss CS-3 Compression
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop ZW-45 Zakk Wylde Signature wah
hell yeah, i love every second in socal, gotta love the culture you know surfing skating and everything is here.
No, everyone drives like morons and the people are really annoying. Valley girls? I mean wtf? Who actually talks like that? People around San Diego... LA wasn't that bad though.
◑ ◔
╔═╗
▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
╚═╝
Always outnumbered, never outgunned...
You can Surf, Ski, within minutes, music shops everywhere, musicians everywhere, you can see a band every single day of the week. Chicks everywhere, Pleasent weather, downside is earthquakes ( I don't mind but lived here my whole life) and everything is higher priced, New york is more though. Nor cal Im not a fan of, except San Fran ,Maybe Santa Cruz if you are more outdoors type. But So cal Owns the US....No F***ing doubt.
Hey man, I got to warn ya 'bout Mexico and California. Earthquakes and sharks to start us off, If Chupacabras ain't enough, Black widow spiders and killer bees, There ain't no shade, there ain't no trees. Hot desert heat, polluted air, And traffic jams beyond compare. That's all I got to warn ya 'bout Mexico and California.
I live in the bay area, just about 50 or 60 miles north of San Francisco

and it SUCKS!

i hate northern California, I like the outdoors and camping and thats about it.

the music scene is OK, but I hear it's a lot better than anywhere else. which kind of sucks, cuz where ever i go it's gonna be worse.

I would recommend southern California really, I've been to San Diego, and it was real nice.

I am seriously thinking about moving down there someday.
I love all forms of Rock 'n' Roll, past and NOT present
i live in socal and its awesome. i make 15 an hour and i have a roommate. the good things evry1 said about socal in this thread are true, the bad things everyone said are exaggerated.
I really want to escape Montana and live in South Cali for awhile. If a friend asked me now to pack up my **** and we'd live down there for awhile, i'd go in a heartbeat! I've only been down there once, but i prefer the all year round weather, to montana's **** weather.
Quote by WaggyPlank
so yeah, now i have poop floating around in my ballsack.
My cousins live in San Diego and the week I spent there was probably one of the best times i've ever had, I love it in California
GREAT ODIN'S RAVEN
i lived in socal for the first 18 years of my life. the beach is nice, atmospheres cool, nice weather. i liked it, but i got sick of it after 18 or so years.

now im in norcal, a college town. its nice here, just different. i havent decided which i like better yet.

dont listen to the people who just visit, and put it down. living in a place is always different than visiting.
I have no opinion on this matter.
Quote by CrucialGutchman
North=Badass
South=Faggy

Applicable to California, the Civil War, and Korea.

haha
Quote by Yakult
If I get a boner I generally pass out due to the massive amount of blood having to be redirected from my brain

Quote by DubStar92
I like to video record myself when I'm drunk. It's like a mini-movie. I love fapping to the sex scene.
^i want to get the hell out

SOCAL: dumbass drivers, expensive rent, stupid people in school, stupid people everywhere, lots of liberals, lots of potheads, rich people, poor people, gangs in LA, "gangs" who want to be like the gangs in LA, too many people, but lots of blonde girls

NORCAL: cows, farms

yeah its a hoot come on over TS
Quote by deathbat831
^i want to get the hell out

SOCAL: dumbass drivers, expensive rent, stupid people in school, stupid people everywhere, lots of liberals, lots of potheads, rich people, poor people, gangs in LA, "gangs" who want to be like the gangs in LA, too many people, but lots of blonde girls

NORCAL: cows, farms

yeah its a hoot come on over TS

lol, I guess I'd have to see for myself. thanks for shedding some light on the topic!
i don't live socal but my uncle does and we have gone to visit him and i didn't want to leave.

so yeah, i would definatly move there.

We're coming back, coming back
We'll live forever, live forever
Let's have wedding, have a wedding
Let's start the killing, start the killing

Quote by Big_Carp
those who live there in socal or norcal, what's it like? would you reccomend moving there?

i take it you've seen the adverts where it's like 'we have board meetings' and then people are shouting out board meetigns while on skateboards and such ?
If you can afford it California's the way to go. Real estate prices will shock you though, I pay $1000 per month for a one bed/bath/living room/kitchen not including utilities. If you go to school still learn Spanish... seriously. I live roughly 25 mi. south of SF, and the school population is like 60-70% hispanic.
Spastic Ink
Last edited by Schmietty at Mar 20, 2008,
Lived in CA my whole life (a whooping 18 years), I don't think I'll ever leave. Unless people in another state praised me like a god (which is highly unlikely).
Click here

I'm from socal, it's crazy overrated, norcal is a little better, but they're both very expensive and neither are all that special.
ive lived all over the country, new york, the south east, gulf coast, and now live on the central coast of california. I have to say its nothing special. Not bad but nothing special.

Id rather live in california than the northeast, but i would rather live in the south east than in california. Too many mexicans, too many emos, and too many people who think theyre liberal hippies without knowing what that means.
Quote by bannanaman
i take it you've seen the adverts where it's like 'we have board meetings' and then people are shouting out board meetigns while on skateboards and such ?

I always laugh at that advert.

"When can you start?"

Arnie ftw.
Norcal is the best place on Earth.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Socal is the ****. Partying in hollywood is the ****. cause the bums are really nice
Quote by fafinaf
Socal is the ****. Partying in hollywood is the ****. cause the bums are really nice

So-Cal is terrible. I would rather live in Wisconsin than So-Cal. The traffic sucks. your guys' attitude sucks. You steal our water. The list goes on.
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
Dude.. like.. chill out okay? wow like seriously you need to totally go to the beach and like surf a huge wave bro.
Quote by fafinaf
Dude.. like.. chill out okay? wow like seriously you need to totally go to the beach and like surf a huge wave bro.

Oh like really? I'm like a skateboarder though, and I don't like think I would like want to pick up like surfing.
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
if you can afford it its pretty nice here.

Quote by darkstar2466
Oh like really? I'm like a skateboarder though, and I don't like think I would like want to pick up like surfing.

you live in davis...only thing that's there is cow shit

Quote by slidething31
ive lived all over the country, new york, the south east, gulf coast, and now live on the central coast of california. I have to say its nothing special. Not bad but nothing special.

Id rather live in california than the northeast, but i would rather live in the south east than in california. Too many mexicans, too many emos, and too many people who think theyre liberal hippies without knowing what that means.

umm the hippie movement began in San Francisco...which, if you remember, is in california
███████████████
We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams.
████████████
Last edited by westo at Mar 20, 2008,
Quote by CrucialGutchman
North=Badass
South=Faggy

Applicable to California, the Civil War, and Korea.

Dakota?
<Han> I love Hitler
if i could afford it and if i could get a job there, or know anyone there, i would move to cali. idk, i'd like san diego, long beach, san fran., or venice beach. anywhere away from los angeles, i guess. i've never been to cali before, so i think i might check it out.
Quote by darkstar2466
So-Cal is terrible. I would rather live in Wisconsin than So-Cal. The traffic sucks. your guys' attitude sucks. You steal our water. The list goes on.
meh, youre just jealous.
I have no opinion on this matter.