HI can someone help me, i have a dean custom zone with a tremolo system. I changed strings and changed the string gauge from regular to medium. I put the strings on and their is too much tension and the tremelo system goes up with the strings when i tighten them to tune them. How to i stop this from happening
get a new guitar that doesnt have a painted fretboard.

or loosen your truss rod. there should be a cover on the head of the guitar that can become unscrewed. forgive me if im wrong, but turn it with an allen key 1/8 to 1/4 of a turn counter-clockwise. tune up again, if the strings are still up, do this again. wait about 20 mins between each turn of the truss rod
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Quote by tuwyci
why are metal musicians prone to fatness?
Cause there music is heavy.

Writing music is hard D:
no

DO NOT mess with the truss rod. You have to remove the cover for the tremolo cavity on the back of your guitar. There you will see two screws screwed in parallel to the guitar body. Turn both of them in with small equal increments (1/2 - 1 whole turn). After you do this, retune your guitar and it should go down. If it is too low then loosen them, too high then screw them in more. repeat till its level.

next time post in the electric guitar forum
Gibson Explorer
Jackson Soloist SL3
Orange Tiny Terror
Mesa 2x12
Quote by elchico04
no

DO NOT mess with the truss rod. You have to remove the cover for the tremolo cavity on the back of your guitar. There you will see two screws screwed in parallel to the guitar body. Turn both of them in with small equal increments (1/2 - 1 whole turn). After you do this, retune your guitar and it should go down. If it is too low then loosen them, too high then screw them in more. repeat till its level.

next time post in the electric guitar forum

perfect response.

*closed*