The band I'm in is going to start performing and playing at gigs, but I still have my crappy Fender 15G Frontman (The one that comes in the starter pack lol). So a few months ago I managed to get my parents to buy my a quality ibanez rg, so the guitar isnt a problem.
I mainly play shred. Steve vai, Joe satriani, paul gilbert, the usual.... you guys get the idea. I'm looking for a good tube combo amp priced at $600 or less. Thanks guys.
Peavey Valveking 112 combo. $300ish
Or if you want to go with the full $600 get the 212.
/thread
Quote by C O B H C
If you want to get really technical about it..

1. Grab sticks.
2. Bang sticks on drums.

^how to play drums.

UG POKER
The valveking seems like a pretty good suggestion. I'd try one out at your local guitar shop. Maybe try out a Crate Palomino too, although that might not fit your style as well.
Fender Tele
Breedlove SM20
Cort M800

Peavey Classic 30
Roland Microcube

Digitech RP250
Digitech Bad Monkey
Quote by stephen_rettie
B-52

Arent those solid states?
Quote by C O B H C
If you want to get really technical about it..

1. Grab sticks.
2. Bang sticks on drums.

^how to play drums.

UG POKER
Quote by fruity mcgee
The valveking seems like a pretty good suggestion. I'd try one out at your local guitar shop. Maybe try out a Crate Palomino too, although that might not fit your style as well.

I don't think a Palomino would work well for his style. I dunno, it might work with a boost.
Mitch Hedberg Group
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/koalabears/

Quote by Irnmaiden4life
why didnt you just play like crap?
if you need help with that, ask Vincent745

Quote by imgooley
Awe, so cute...

How old are you?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Old enough to yell rape.
B-52 amps are great for the money. Ive been using one about a year now and dont really have any complaints besides some nitpicking. It handles the styles you said well. Its a versitile amp, sounds great, good cleans as well as distortion. I hear alot of things about the reliability about them but no problems with mine and alot of people say the new ones have the bugs worked out.
The valveking 112 would be good. So would a Peavey Classic, although you might need an overdrive.
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan
Yea, I have a distortion pedal so that can provide some of the gain.
So the amps that have been suggested to me that seem good are the:
Peavey Valveking 112 or 212
The B-52 112 amp (too lazy to write actual name)
A used carvin legacy (Probably wont happen since my parents dont trust ebay, but who knows what'll happen)

Any other good recommendations? As of now, Im more concerned with getting a list of possible amps rather than finding an exact one. But that does mean I dont want to hear people encouraging me to buy amps that have already been mentioned. Thanks a bunch, you all rock.
Like I said, the Classic would be the best in my opinion. You would need to get an OVERDRIVE, though. A distortion pedal won't work well for a tube amp.
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan
crap lol. i was thinking about getting the keeley ds-1 in the next year or so, but thats distortion too. ill make another thread later about overdrive pedals. Id like to keep this thread on tube amps. And I cant mention enough, I really appreciate the help.