Right

I have an iMac and i just want to mess around with the Garageband package.

I was just wondering if this temporary setup would work.

Guitar > Lead > 1/4" to 1/8" adaptor > iMac

I hope that makes sense.

Thanks in advance
by lead do you mean distortion?
if you use a distortion pedal and plug it into the mac, it doesnt work very well....
theres a few different distortions and overdrives and any effects whatsoever built into garageband, its pretty fun to goof around with. but the adaptor will work, you just have to go into:
system preferences > Sound > Input > Then click Line In.
do this so it doesnt record from your microphone
and once thats finished, have fun!
Quote by Dumebuggy
by lead do you mean distortion?
if you use a distortion pedal and plug it into the mac, it doesnt work very well....
theres a few different distortions and overdrives and any effects whatsoever built into garageband, its pretty fun to goof around with. but the adaptor will work, you just have to go into:
system preferences > Sound > Input > Then click Line In.
do this so it doesnt record from your microphone
and once thats finished, have fun!

I think he means lead as in cable

And yeah tha will work. look aroun for some guitar effects plugins you can use after you have recorded. i can find you some if you really want. It wont sound very good, but it will be just about passable.
If that doesn't get good (ie loud) enough sound...look into a DI box, preferably active.
Quote by sam i am
I think he means lead as in cable

And yeah tha will work. look aroun for some guitar effects plugins you can use after you have recorded. i can find you some if you really want. It wont sound very good, but it will be just about passable.

I meant cable (guitar lead)

Also that would be ace if you could find me some plugins because the Garageband plugins only go so far.

Thanks every one