so, i just found out that there's a talent show at my school coming up soon.
does anybody know of any songs that are easy to learn, but are worth playing at the show?
(\__/)
(='.'=)Help the Bunny
(")_(")
Actually, those would not be good. Even if that's what you like, it won't be responded to well. Schools don't really respond well to really heavy music. Try something mildly heavy. You may have to sell out a little bit. Crazy Train is a good one. The Beast and the Harlot is pretty good too, but you need a really awesome drummer.
"There is no hell. There is only France." - Frank Zappa
Are you solo or with a band.

Anyways. Anything old and thrashy by Metallica is easy if you can play fast. Normally their songs consisted of a few riffs and a couple of solos. Shouldn't be too hard for someone with 1.5 years experience.
Quote by spazzymagee417
or, you could not play metal and appeal to everyone. anything softy acoustic people should enjoy.

agreed.
or, if you had to be electric, something more on the blues-rock side.
[Founder of the Ibanez S players club.] Pm Me to Join
Honestly, anything from Guitar Hero. As much as I hate that game, it will be instantly recognized and loved by highschoolers. I just hate it because everyone thinks it's so much better than a real guitar.

Anything by Guns n'Roses would work too.
at first i thougt i'd use an electric, but i dont have a big enough amp so i just figured it be easier to use my acoustic
(\__/)
(='.'=)Help the Bunny
(")_(")
You could find someone else that's playing and use their amp if it's better. You might even be able to rent one from a local music store.
Quote by Armagedn
Honestly, anything from Guitar Hero. As much as I hate that game, it will be instantly recognized and loved by highschoolers. I just hate it because everyone thinks it's so much better than a real guitar.

Thats a good idea, do something from Guitar Hero
Melt their faces off by playing Between the Buried and Me.
Awakening The Revenant
Deathcore side project: Malevolent

Quote by shavorules42
start with more poppy music with occasional screams and then work your way into emoish crap like a day to remember and so on.
well, i'm in high school right now, and if you're playing acoustic go for:

SOS by Jonas Brothers - I AM NOT KIDDING! They played this at the talent show of a school in my area, and some girls actually got kicked out for trying to jump onstage without their tops on. Do it.

Anything by the Scene Aesthetic - the songs arent hard, and if you have a decent voice you'll own it.

Lazy Eye by Silversun Pickups - it's a neat song and you can do a lot with it.

if not, try:

Cmon Cmon by The Von Bondies - everyone knows it. Everyone loves it.

Anything by Saosin or Circa Survive - whether or not you can fully pull off the vocals, you'll get props

Rockstar/Animals/Next Contestant by Nickelback - familiar and ballsy, can't go wrong.

New Found Glory is popular and sounds appealing to them.

hope that helps, man. and good luck.
Четвертый член в "Русскoй группe." PM Vindication to join.

My Gear:
Ibanez RG470

Peavey Bandit 112

Shooting for a PODxt

Forevermore

Kingston In Ruins
Quote by Armagedn
Actually, those would not be good. Even if that's what you like, it won't be responded to well. Schools don't really respond well to really heavy music. Try something mildly heavy. You may have to sell out a little bit. Crazy Train is a good one. The Beast and the Harlot is pretty good too, but you need a really awesome drummer.

Actually Rage and SOAD aren't that heavy and they're actually pretty popular. I just picked them because they're easy to learn.

But if all you care about is the crowd reaction, just do a GH song.
I'd go for King without a Crown by Matisyahu if you can get the solo down. lazy eye would be a good choice too.
Quote by Armagedn

HA! not anything by Guns N' Roses! if you played some of their songs you'd get kicked off the stage by the teachers!

but the guitar hero idea is really good.
Quote by Sonic Blast
HA! not anything by Guns N' Roses! if you played some of their songs you'd get kicked off the stage by the teachers!

but the guitar hero idea is really good.

Yeah, I meant any of their clean or almost clean songs. At least the ones where you can work around the vulgarity. For instance, Perfect Crime would be a bad song to play.
Quote by Armagedn

yup...
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Better than hooked on crack, I suppose. I'd rather know my kids are safe at home beating their meat than out in the world robbing old women for their crack fix.

Quote by *sigh*
What a huge coincidence. I have a butthole also.
Try Knockin' On Heaven's Door. On a side note, I hope the talent show there is much better than the one we had. Man, those guys sucked!!! There was some standing on stage, reading from paper!!!!
By The Way - Red Hot Chili Peppers. Its simple and everyone knows it.