i got an ibanez ael i liked the sound alot more, i thought the ovations sounded too tinny...if thats a word
trebely is the word you're probably looking for weez13.

I've heard seagulls are nice...
Gear:
ESP Eclipse 300
Jackson RR3
Bugera 6262 head
Trace Elliot straight cab
Boss NS-2
Boss DD-3
Quote by bite_the_bullet
trebely is the word you're probably looking for weez13.

I've heard seagulls are nice...

ya that sounds a lil better haha
you more concerned with the amplified sound or the acoustic sound?
if you care bout amplified sound, ovation is really good. if you care about acoustic sound, ovation is horrible. if you're looking for something that's good with both, look elsewhere.

I bought an Art & Lutherie Cedar with Cutaway and electronics for $400. great guitar. hasnt let my down yet. i've been practicing with my friends for 4 hours every weekend for the last 6 months. it's still holding strong.
Ovation has a horrible acoustic sound?
I kinda liked it, the vibrate-y kinda sound...
compared to the sounds of other guitars... an ovation is pretty bad in my opinion. i feel that it sounds very 2d, mechanical, and heartless. ovations have always been a very debated over brand. some hate it, some like it.
I have the cheaper ovation line, the celebrity... sounds ok, nothing too special. There's no real depth to it. A nice real wood acoustic has all kinds of different pitched harmonics that you lose on an ovation. On mine I have to compensate with crazy sounding strings, such as Alchemy's, but there is no low end, sounds like crap next to a dreadnought.
I bought an alvarez Regent series, its a beautiful guitar for about $330