Anyone had any experience of trying to animate anything in this?

It's confusing the bejesus out of me.

2D is much easier to deal with....

:|
Well considering I'm doing a degree in 3d animation, and that is the software I have to use, I guess I can say that I have some experience.

What's so confusing about it?
PLAY UP POMPEY

POMPEY PLAY UP!

Quote by Freddedonna
Animation is so much easier in 3DS max dude.

I know, thats why I want to know Maya too.

I'm doing a degree in graphic design. I just feel I should have a working knowledge of most programs used in the industry.

And I get how you create and edit polygons, but where do you go from there? I'm trying to draw a cartoon fish and give it depth. I just cant make anything work and look any good.
Quote by Fleabag
I know, thats why I want to know Maya too.

I'm doing a degree in graphic design. I just feel I should have a working knowledge of most programs used in the industry.

And I get how you create and edit polygons, but where do you go from there? I'm trying to draw a cartoon fish and give it depth. I just cant make anything work and look any good.

Well you'd have to create bones and "skin" the fish.
I dont want it that detailed.

I just want to go one step further than the standard polygons.

So an extrusion of an outline seemed to be the next thing to try to make work...

I'm gonna find me a tutorial. Much easier that way.
your best bet is to begin following the Maya built-in tutorials, and then socur the net for some. I think what you're on about is selecting faces or edges and then extruding them? That'll get you away from the standard polys.
PLAY UP POMPEY

POMPEY PLAY UP!