I got this idea from the Blues/Jazz thread and thought it would be quite good to do something similar in the Classic Rock Forum. Basically, people can record a song (covers only ) and we will compile these together to make the UG Classic Rock album.

-Your song can only be from the genre Classic Rock from The Beatles to Pink Floyd to Led Zeppelin and so on.
-Lyrics or instrumentals are fine
-One song per person, unless you record something that's really good. If so, 2 songs max;
-Collaborations are fine, and are exempt from the above rule.

If anyone want to help me approve songs, and produce the album, that would be great.

Looking for maybe 10-15 different songs.
Signing up: Username, Song Title (If you know what song your doing, otherwise you can just sign up any way)

1.Skirvy
2.Carswell98-Little Martha (Allman Bros)
3.Thefallofman
Last edited by Skirvy at Mar 21, 2008,
i like how you made a thread specifically to put up a link to this thread
Quote by AAAAAAAAAARGH
Gold/Silver/Crystal.

Simply because I could breed the pokemon, and act out my sick sexual fantasies between Dittos and Chanseys.

Quote by bequickorbedead
She had sex..with my...AIDS?
Quote by Magero
YOU STOLE THE METAL THREAD'S IDEA!
YOU @(%*&@*&$!@(*
*implodes from rage*

actually no i got the idea from the Blues/Jazz thread. And I looked at the Metal one. It's people making different types of Metal songs together. This is not the same.
Quote by moodster
i like how you made a thread specifically to put up a link to this thread

Well nobody was replying so i tried to get some other people to see it.
Why don't you start a UG band page and upload the covers/originals onto there rather than just trying to plug your myspace pages?
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
^^I thought that was the idea...
How to achieve Frank Zappa's guitar tone:
Quote by Thefallofman
Step 1: Buy a Gibson SG
Step 2: Insert Green Ringer, EQ, 3 dead squirrels and a microwave into said SG
Step 3: Plug in and freak the **** out.
What about this makes it "Classic Rock" though?

If modern rock covers or originals are included, then the "album" simply isn't related to CR.

Unless, it's a "CR Regulars" album, which would be a tad bit elitist.

That's not to say that I think it's a bad idea, but if you're going to call it a "CR Album" maybe make the criteria be that all songs are CR covers.

EDIT: ok, I'm responding from earlier when you included Modern Rock. I now see that you have changed that.

I still don't think there's much point including originals (that's what your UG page is for!), but that's my 2 cents.
(Slightly outdated) Electronic and classical compositions by m'self: Check 'em out
Quote by Andrewbiles
Why don't you start a UG band page and upload the covers/originals onto there rather than just trying to plug your myspace pages?

i will do tis when i have more time
I'll rerecord a better version of Little Martha by the Allman Bros for it.
Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Jeremy Clarkson is a knob.
Quote by BrainDamage
^^I thought that was the idea...

I assumed that was meant at first, but had to question it when myspace pages were posted.

psychodelia - Do have to agree that it doesn't really make much sense having originals from today included on a Classic Rock album. There wouldn't be any specific theme to it other than maybe the style, but then if its covers of classic stuff the style could be completely changed anyway.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
Quote by Andrewbiles
I assumed that was meant at first, but had to question it when myspace pages were posted.

psychodelia - Do have to agree that it doesn't really make much sense having originals from today included on a Classic Rock album. There wouldn't be any specific theme to it other than maybe the style, but then if its covers of classic stuff the style could be completely changed anyway.

After thinking about it, i think it should all be covers. It's up to you guys as well.
I'd like to do an acoustic version of something. I'm not sure what yet, I'll have to think of which song to do first.

My spring break just started and I'm planning on recording my ass off.

Edit: Right now I'm leaning toward Neil Young- Running Dry (Requiem For The Rockets).
Hey, I'm Mike.
Last edited by Thefallofman at Mar 20, 2008,
Quote by Andrewbiles
Right.

Covers are cool. Our Sheep recording can be included once it's finished (if we can ever find someone to play keyboards).
How to achieve Frank Zappa's guitar tone:
Quote by Thefallofman
Step 1: Buy a Gibson SG
Step 2: Insert Green Ringer, EQ, 3 dead squirrels and a microwave into said SG
Step 3: Plug in and freak the **** out.