Ok so i've been playing guitar for 10 months...and im stuck. I've learn my hammer ons pull offs tapping you know all that, ive learnt a bunch of songs...and i dont know what to do know... I'm finding i'm spending more time doing guitar related stuff on the net than actually playing guitar...any specific help would be well appreciated
Guitars:
Ibanez EW30ASERLG
Jackson Performer PS4 (soon to be sold)
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
Orpheus Valley Fiesta FC
Gear:
POD X3 Live
Boss ME-20
Marshall MG15DFX
M-Audio Fastrack Ultra
Boss DR660
Just keep playing and practicing so you get better dude.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
anythin specific?
Guitars:
Ibanez EW30ASERLG
Orpheus Valley Fiesta FC
Gear:
POD X3 Live
Boss ME-20
Marshall MG15DFX
M-Audio Fastrack Ultra
Boss DR660
well what songs do you know?

You could try and learn a few song that are a step up from the ones you know.

You could start improvising over backing tracks.

You could join a band.

You could Start writing you're own songs.
erm.......you could try and find some music you've never tried and go for it! i mean there is loads of excellent music out there, surely you haven't played it all!!!!
I'm in the same boat.
Let me guess, you play by yourself?
If you are like me, I think you just need to start playing with someone.
You need to learn the boring stuff now, Alternate picking, Music Theory, and scales.
I was going to ask what are your goals for playing guitar? Knowing your goals can help you pick a path to achieve them.
Quote by aaron00lee
Ok so i've been playing guitar for 10 months...and im stuck. I've learn my hammer ons pull offs tapping you know all that, ive learnt a bunch of songs...and i dont know what to do know... I'm finding i'm spending more time doing guitar related stuff on the net than actually playing guitar...any specific help would be well appreciated

Hey Man,

This is probably when you need a good teacher to help. It's really hard to learn by yourself especially in the beggining and by having a teacher who is committed on your goals and needs as musician it will make things 10 times easier.

This is probably what you should be doing now. If you don't have the money try looking for a job or beg your parents. Other than that, there is a lot of guitar pro tabs that you can learn from and analyze some nice lead stuff (my little secret). Also apply all what you've learn on writing a song or even make you own licks and such. Don't be afraid! the first step is risk taking and learning from it.

If you decide to get a teacher here is a good article that you should read:
http://www.tomhess.net/articles.php?article=1
Learn some theory and try to apply it to the guitar, like chord construction, playing scales over a backing track, how the chords progressions work and understand the song that you already know.
Besides being a guitar player, I'm a big fan of the guitar. I love that damn instrument. Steve Vai

Gear:
Kramer Striker FR422SM
Roland Microcube
Digitech Bad Monkey
Dunlop Tortex 1.14mm picks

MY VIDEOS
Create your own original method of playing by finding the scales and techniques of your favorite players and blending them. Then write a song and start a band and record that song. Good luck and rock on!
Gear:
Squier Affinity Series Stratocaster
Epiphone G-400
Line 6 Spider
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
BOSS DD-3

"Wish I Had This" Gear:
Guitars- G&L, Gibson, PRS
Amps- Egnater, Bogner
Effects- Fulltone, JHS, Eventide
Thanks guys, today i messed around in G Pentatonic Minor with a backing track for 4 hours so i'm back on track
Guitars:
Ibanez EW30ASERLG
Orpheus Valley Fiesta FC
Gear:
POD X3 Live
Boss ME-20
Marshall MG15DFX
M-Audio Fastrack Ultra
Boss DR660
I'm in the same boat. I bought my guitar summer of '06. I learned Iron Man, Smoke on the Water, etc. and then it just sat around until August '07. So, I've gotten decent, know a good share of Coheed & Cambria, Black Sabbath, Rage, and a few post-rock bands. But I'm stuck too, playing the same songs and stagnating.... So, lately, my friend who plays bass has been coming over and we practice together. That and I've been working on the dry parts of playing like alternate picking, scales, chords, music theory, etc.