Well I had my ibanez rgt42dx which i found a great deal. some places mention it has an edge II and others say Edge III. Anyways everyone here seems to hate the edge III, and II.

WHY?

Mines is still in tune. I divebomb on it everyday, and i play for hours daily, and I pretty much abuse the tremolo system divebombing the hell out of it. down and up too...

And it still is in tune, since the day I bought it which was the last time i tuned it. All my tuners are proof. The tuning is only like like slightly off (but pretty much still in tune), and I have not tuned it for weeks. Well like two weeks (and i abuse the tremolo like everyday). So why is the hating for the edge III. I dont mind tuning the guitar every month.

Or will the problems show later? So far is one of the best tremolo systems I have used, and I have a original floyd. My kramer has the best system though.
Ok thanks.
Co founder and fifth member of the "I watched The cptncacklefanny Soap Opera" club. pm Theplague925 or PapaSmurph to join.
Ok thanks.
The DNA results show that Jeremy Kyle is a nob.

Quote by titsmcgee852
I want to look at your sexual naked body.
The Edge III looks like a lot like the Jackson licensed FR on my guitar...which I like better than Floyd Roses on guitars I've played...

It's just that Ibanez's suck.
1992 Gibson Explorer (Seymour Duncan '59 neck, Custom Custom bridge)
Jackson King V Professional Std. (Seymour Duncan Invaders)
Mesa/Boogie Nomad 55
Mesa/Boogie 412 Recto. O/S Cabinet
Boss ME-50
MXR 10-Band EQ
Quote by nyandres
Well I had my ibanez rgt42dx which i found a great deal. some places mention it has an edge II and others say Edge III. Anyways everyone here seems to hate the edge III, and II.

WHY?

Mines is still in tune. I divebomb on it everyday, and i play for hours daily, and I pretty much abuse the tremolo system divebombing the hell out of it. down and up too...

And it still is in tune, since the day I bought it which was the last time i tuned it. All my tuners are proof. The tuning is only like like slightly off (but pretty much still in tune), and I have not tuned it for weeks. Well like two weeks (and i abuse the tremolo like everyday). So why is the hating for the edge III. I dont mind tuning the guitar every month.

Or will the problems show later? So far is one of the best tremolo systems I have used, and I have a original floyd. My kramer has the best system though.

so you've owned the guitar for 2 weeks?

the trem works perfectly, but eventually the knife edges will wear out and the tuning stability will become nonexistant. This will happen a lot quicker with the edge 3 than it would with a higher quality trem.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Yeah i only had it for a little over 2 weeks

So far I find it amazing. So is it really gonna wear out after little time?

BTW why the thanks. Is that sarcasm? Well the bridge is really awesome so far.

If it is really gonna go bad like you all say, is there any way around it.
If (by which I mean "when") it goes bad, see what kind of decent trem will fit in the routing slot. I heard OFRs will, and/or the Original Edge Pros.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
http://lawl.net/gtr/trems

according to that, only the OFR can be swapped for the edge III. But definitely read the warning at the bottom before spending cash.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by nyandres
damn. Anyone know if I can get a kahler in there?

kahlers need very little routing so I think the gap would be too big, but you can get an adaptor to allow one to fit.

Quote by element4433
Quote by Lemoninfluence
http://lawl.net/gtr/trems

according to that, only the OFR can be swapped for the edge III. But definitely read the warning at the bottom before spending cash.

Thanks for clearing that up I must have been thinking of the Edge II.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
tunings not the problem its actually decent while it works

it runs a cheap blade system thing that breaks easy its a budget tremolo
All LFRs on mid-level guitars suck to a extent. People just pick on Edge III because it has a name and they don't want to type a whole "Licensed Floyd Rose on Jackson/Schecter/LTD" whatever.
No man is your friend, no man is your enemy, but every man is your teacher.

When he asked for John Myung, John Myung said:"Who the hell is John Myung?"

Proud User of Ibanez, Korg, Rocktron, ENGL
Quote by SQHero
All LFRs on mid-level guitars suck to a extent. People just pick on Edge III because it has a name and they don't want to type a whole "Licensed Floyd Rose on Jackson/Schecter/LTD" whatever.

Well the Edge III shows up a lot more on here. People can tell you that trem on X Jackson guitar will be bad and to save for Y Jackson guitar that has a better one.

Schecter uses OFRs last time I checked.
Good job for Schecter. It's a shame that 90% of all Ibanez RGs use Edge III, probably a market plot to get S in the game.

Quote by SQHero
Good job for Schecter. It's a shame that 90% of all Ibanez RGs use Edge III, probably a market plot to get S in the game.

The lower end ones have them. What do you expect on a cheap guitar...?
They use them on guitars that get up in 500+ dollar range too though

They really should make some changes to make the trem hold up a little longer
Even the cheapest S have a standard ZR though and thee only reward for getting a S prestige is the 24 fret and craftsmanship. For RG its the Edge Pro and craftsmanship.