so today during school a girl looks in her book and sees "METALLICA RULES!" scribbled all over the front cover( I wonder who did that..) and she asks, "whats a metallica?"
i almost got up and slapped her for asking that. then i hear someone across the room say, "metallica? isnt that like an old bluesy band?" and another girl replies, "yeahh! now i remember, metallica was kind of punk rock band back in the 60s, they were kinda like The Rolling Stones." and everybody starts agreeing with her.

am i the only person who thinks rap is ruining what good music really is?!?!
nobody in our school knows who Led Zeppelin is or even The Beatles.

please post and tell me that you agree and what you think about this absurdity

**and im not saying people need to like my music. but when they ask such a dimwited question it pisses me off, them being so tunnel visioned.**
and i have pictures of Jimmy Page, Slash, and Jimi Hendrix on my folders and girls say they look scary, whats wrong with them?....idk how that cant bug some of you.
Last edited by dr.rock666 at Mar 19, 2008,
Quote by dr.rock666
"yeahh! now i remember, metallica was kind of punk rock band back in the 60s, they were kinda like The Rolling Stones." and everybody starts agreeing with her.

excuse........me......?
Quote by wannabe jesus
If we did tune using the 5th fret on the G string it'd be a C. At the moment it goes G B which stands for George Bush. So obviously GB doesn't want you to C the truth! To the conspiracy cave!
Quote by dr.rock666
so today during school a girl looks in her book and sees "METALLICA RULES!" scribbled all over the front cover( I wonder who did that..) and she asks, "whats a metallica?"

wat
Quote by Trefellin
You know a music scene is fucked up when it becomes difficult to keep track of who killed who, who committed suicide and who alledgedly engaged in cannibalism.

LastFM
Quote by dr.rock666
i almost got up and slapped her for asking that. then i hear someone across the room say, "metallica? isnt that like an old bluesy band?" and another girl replies, "yeahh! now i remember, metallica was kind of punk rock band back in the 60s, they were kinda like The Rolling Stones." and everybody starts agreeing with her.

nobody in our school knows who Zed Leppelin is or even The Beatles.

please post and tell me that you agree and what you think about this absurdity.

So people don't listen to the music you do, and you feel like you're better than them?
Get over yourself.

Metallica and the Beatles aren't anything stellar anyway.
Oh well. They're all ****wits.

I hope you called them Zed Leppelin on purpose. =P
Jackson KVX10
Epiphone EB-3

Bugera 6260
Laney Supergroup Mk 1
Marshall VS100RH
Laney LX412A

Bad Monkey
Crybaby
Metal Muff
Fish N Chips
my friend said Dio before and a teacher said "what's a Dio?" he told her to do a 5000 page report on Dio due by the next day :P
When all else fails, ask the pit.
i still don't see how you manage to blame people not knowing who metallica are on rap. people have different tastes, there's probably a million other bands out there you've never heard of that people in your class love. get over it.
Check out my guitar quartet composition The Lone Wolf and you will be rewarded! With a live wolf!

Are you a PROG-HEAD? I am.

Quote by Led Pepplin
I'm adding you to my list of most hated UGers.

Who said listening to rap is the reason they don't know who Metallica is? Go home...please.
Be cool.
rap is ten years ago man, get over the fact that not everyone wants to listen to the same music that their parents do.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
rap is its own kind of music, and if theyre werent different genres, then what would music be??? Look at Rage against the machine and Linkin Park and Everlast. they are all good bands in my opinion. and yes I understand why your frustrated because certain preppy girls dont appreciate music's roots and origins, but "good music" is all a matter of opinion and they are entitled to their own.
Last edited by TinPants at Mar 19, 2008,
C0Cl< $LAP TIME

It's the only way they'll learn.
"A guitar is the human soul, speaking with just six strings..."- Eddie Lee

Irvine Kinneas of the Final Fantasy Elite - PM me, Ichikurosaki, Gallagher2006, or Deliriumbassist to join!
This one kid in my class last year said that Jimi Hendrix was Led Zeppelin's guitarist. We got a good chuckle from that but oh well he's probably just not into that music.
Now, I disagree saying that rap is ruining "good music". Its just becoming more popular and people are forgetting about the older bands.

I see what you're tryin to say. Regardless, people need to know a general idea what Metallica is. They're too major of a band not to, imo.
Quote by Don't Read This
letthebassplay you are now a legend

Quote by StraightxXxEdge
Awesome is a feeling. It's in your pants.

RIP Bellamy...

Calvin and Hobbes Group!
Quote by dr.rock666
nobody in our school knows who Zed Leppelin is or even The Beatles.

please post and tell me that you agree and what you think about this absurdity.

I can understand zed leppelin but the beatles? How can you have avoided to hear about them, even if you don't listen to their music?
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by TinPants
rap is its own kind of music, and if theyre werent different genres, then what would music be??? Look at Rage against the machine and Linkin Park and Everlast. they are all good bands in my opinion. and yes I understand why your frustrated because certain preppy girls dont appreciate music's roots and origins, but "good music" is all a matter of opinion and they are entitled to their own.

Well said, buddy.

Your sig makes sense too.
To me:
Quote by crazy8rgood

In fact, I almost ALWAYS agree with YourDad.

Quote by itchy guitar
One of the best replies ever.

In the same thread

Do you love Arsis?
Quote by drunkenhamster1
This one kid in my class last year said that Jimi Hendrix was Led Zeppelin's guitarist. We got a good chuckle from that but oh well he's probably just not into that music.

you have the perfect attitude. i#ll be compeltely honest and say i couldn't really care less who jimi hendrix is/was (ooh controversy), but good on you for taking the mature approach. some people just aren't into music. sure, it may seem absurd to you not knowing who hendrix/metallica/lennon is, but yeah, some people just either arent into music, or aren't stuck in the past ha.
Quote by Kensai
Maybe you've heard what the ladies say: "Once you go 77mm you don't go back"