I need help deciding on what to get, I am going to buy a Peavey Valveking 112, and I need help deciding on what I should get. I have $490 to spend; the VK is $399.99 and I am getting the 12 month Gold warranty for $38.50, so that leaves me with with $50 to get either the footswitch for it, or a(n) distortion or O.D. pedal, so which should I get? Oh and if I do get an O.D. or distortion pedal, I need it to be somewhat versatile.

Footswitch: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Peavey-Valve-King-Footswitch?sku=421394

Distortion/O.D. Pedals: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/navigation/guitar-effects?N=100001+338509+6&Ntk=All&Ntt=digitech&Nty=1

(I'm mainly looking at the Bad Monkey and the Screamin' Blues Pedals.)
well do you use clean at all? if so, there is your answer. you can always wait a few more weeks/months (depending if you work or not) for a Bad Monkey.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
I use cleans a lot, but I also need a good metal sound, and sometimes a good blues sound, and I need the O.D. pedal to help me get that, and to tighten up my metal stuff. Oh and I don't currently have a job, but I might get one this summer, because my parents won't let me get a work permit yet(I'm 15). Anyway my real question was whether I should get the VK footswitch or and O.D. Pedal.
Last edited by G-man05 at Mar 19, 2008,