Page 1 of 3
Because Mos Def is too busy making great movies.
◑ ◔
╔═╗
▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
╚═╝
Always outnumbered, never outgunned...
Because they're talented?
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
wheres the love for snoop doggy dogg?
Quote by bpoeoanry
go back to sleep
Waking up with boobs? Is there a visine for that.
Go listen to Kanye West and Public Enemy.

Happy?
Quote by Shredder XXX
how about the way your entire country generalizes a culture by the actions of a few, citing any Americans idea of a middle eastern person.
Jay-z for me
Still awaiting his invitation to the coalition of intelligent pit users....

How many kids with ADD does it take to change a lightbulb?

Lets go ride our bikes
Quote by killedbyaspork
wheres the love for snoop doggy dogg?

He sucks now.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

rap/hip hop sux and is a perfect way to ruin a good rock instrumental..... if there ever was a rap/hip hop group that had any decent rock instrumental backing them.
Quote by ViperScale
rap/hip hop sux and is a perfect way to ruin a good rock instrumental..... if there ever was a rap/hip hop group that had any decent rock instrumental backing them.

I'm sure there is

Quote by ViperScale

And you sir, have just proved why rap is ruining music. Everyone who doesn't like it, thinks they are better than those that do.
◑ ◔
╔═╗
▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
╚═╝
Quote by ViperScale
rap/hip hop sux and is a perfect way to ruin a good rock instrumental.

Shut up.
Exactly like other people said, they're both really talented, but there are some better rappers out there, better hip-hop too.
"Insecticon" of the Predacons Beast Wars Club
PM NightmareXT To Join!

You make me feel
Like a dog, you can see, my emotions
Is this for real, i'm a man
Sinking deep, in the ocean
Quote by i have to pee
Because Mos Def is too busy making great movies.

+1

It might also be because
It's stereo amp, and I don't think it's tube. However, for a stereo amp, it is very good. Don't plug guitar into it; just use it as hi-fi if it works.
Quote by ViperScale

Outkast and C-Lo do. You fail. Epically.
Quote by vintage x metal

Quote by GiantRaven
I'm sure there is

ok maybe one or two but the point still stands it ruins the songs.
If you're looking for some good hip hop give a listen to "A Tribe Called Quest" They're old school and unlike these cartoon characters you hear on the radio today, their music is positive and not stereotypical like everything else you hear. Last Emperor is good too...and Cut Chemist
Quote by imgooley
+1

It might also be because
It's stereo amp, and I don't think it's tube. However, for a stereo amp, it is very good. Don't plug guitar into it; just use it as hi-fi if it works.

Why the hell do I keep seeing that everywhere?

Anyway, Immortal Technique is an amazing lyricist, and I'm a huge fan of Dr. Dre and old Snoop Dog. Tupac was great too. Hell, I even love the "lame" radio stuff, just because it's so fun to dance to.
NWA, Public Enemy, Run DMC all kick high amounts of ass, and not a honkey in sight.
Quote by ViperScale

Because talking into a microphone is much different than what Eddie Vedder, Jim Morrison, and most folk musicians do. Get out.
Quote by vintage x metal

Quote by ViperScale

Shut up noob, ever stop to think that not everybody likes lame, unoriginal, cliche classic rock riffs?
Quote by CowboyUp
Shut up noob, ever stop to think that not everybody likes lame, unoriginal, cliche classic rock riffs?

Cee lo does. He even lists Led Zeppelin in his liner notes.
Quote by vintage x metal

Quote by CowboyUp

Why the hell do I keep seeing that everywhere?

Anyway, Immortal Technique is an amazing lyricist, and I'm a huge fan of Dr. Dre and old Snoop Dog. Tupac was great too. Hell, I even love the "lame" radio stuff, just because it's so fun to dance to.

+1 on the first part. But the second part makes me think..........

Quote by Jack Off Jill
Because talking into a microphone is much different than what Eddie Vedder, Jim Morrison, and most folk musicians do. Get out.

the way rap / hip hop people talk into the mic is equal to what most punk people call music.... white noise. Distortion / overdrive can be clean and should only be used cleanly, something most newer bands need to learn these days.
Quote by ViperScale
the way rap / hip hop people talk into the mic is equal to what most punk people call music.... white noise. Distortion / overdrive can be clean and should only be used cleanly, something most newer bands need to learn these days.

You really don't know what you're talking about do you...
Quote by ViperScale

I love rap music. I love new bands. I love death metal.

WON'T YOU JOIN ME ON THE PERENNIAL QUEST!?
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Cee lo does. He even lists Led Zeppelin in his liner notes.

She's Crafty by the Beastie Boys Samples the Ocean. Rhymin and Stealin samples the drum beat from When the Levee Breaks and the riff from Sweet Leaf.
Quote by ViperScale

I believe the internet shouldn't be used by idiots. Does that mean I'm going to get what I want?
Quote by vintage x metal

Quote by ViperScale

troll

Quote by ViperScale

They way rap / hip hop "people" talk into the mic is absolutely equal, in every way, to the likes of "great singers" scatting only they use actual words.
◑ ◔
╔═╗
▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
╚═╝
Quote by ViperScale

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycJ5m5Mt9JE

Ya, that's just talking.
When you write something half as good as this:
"The system break man child and women into figures
Two columns for who is, and who ain't niggaz
Numbers is hardly real and they never have feelings
but you push too hard, even numbers got limits
Why did one straw break the camel's back? Here's the secret:
the million other straws underneath it - it's all mathematics"

Then you can come back.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Quote by GiantRaven
You really don't know what you're talking about do you...

naw i do... really i guess i am being to hard on rap and stuff there are some who do it in a way that i can listen to but most don't. I guess it may be about like the hair band days. Most of those sucked but some who were following the same mold could produce good music.
Quote by Ur all $h1t
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycJ5m5Mt9JE

Ya, that's just talking.
When you write something half as good as this:
"The system break man child and women into figures
Two columns for who is, and who ain't niggaz
Numbers is hardly real and they never have feelings
but you push too hard, even numbers got limits
Why did one straw break the camel's back? Here's the secret:
the million other straws underneath it - it's all mathematics"

Then you can come back.

who cares how well it is written it sounds like crap.... and the background loop doesn't help.. maybe it should be left a poem
Quote by ViperScale
who cares how well it is written it sounds like crap.... and the background loop doesn't help.. maybe it should be left a poem

***OPINION ALERT***
Page 1 of 3