hi , im considering purchasing Peavey Valve king head , heres a link :

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Peavey-ValveKing-100-Head?sku=481170

does anyone know whether it can handle jimi hendrix, led zep, acdc, black sabbath, rhcp, wolfmother, guns n roses , bfmv, killswitch engage .. ?? i have a bad monkey , big muff pi and a metal muff if i need any extra dirt. Also does it have decent tube clean tones ?? Im thinking about pairing it with a winsdor cab as ive heard that the valve king cab isnt brilliant , feel free 2 suggest other cabs 2 pair with it in £200 price range. thnx
Not sure about what you asked but I can give you some information on that head.
It's stereo amp, and I don't think it's tube. However, for a stereo amp, it is very good. Don't plug guitar into it; just use it as hi-fi if it works.
idk about getting the head,
do you need 100w?
why not just get a combo?
Send me off to bed forevermore.
Quote by gainaddict
hi , im considering purchasing Peavey Valve king head , heres a link :

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Peavey-ValveKing-100-Head?sku=481170

does anyone know whether it can handle jimi hendrix, led zep, acdc, black sabbath, rhcp, wolfmother, guns n roses , bfmv, killswitch engage .. ?? i have a bad monkey , big muff pi and a metal muff if i need any extra dirt. Also does it have decent tube clean tones ?? Im thinking about pairing it with a winsdor cab as ive heard that the valve king cab isnt brilliant , feel free 2 suggest other cabs 2 pair with it in £200 price range. thnx

Get the combo.

The cleans are the highlight of the amp when stock, with or without a pedal the distortion owns.

ESP LTD MH-350NT
Hughes & Kettner Switchblade 100
Orange PPC412AD
Seagull S6 Cedar Slim
Manuel Rodríguez C1M

Guitarist of Ravenage
Drummer of Windrider
Solo Project is Aloeswood
i have an epi les paul custom , stock pickups but will be uprading 2 emg's or installing a dirty finger humbucker soon
The cleans on the Valveking are quite bad..But I have fun playing Classicy Rock/Metal with mine

My Gear:
Yamaha FGX720SCA
id say do it and go with the emgs theyll give you that lil extra some some for mordern metal that normal pickups just dont have
Quote by TechnicolorType
It's stereo amp, and I don't think it's tube. However, for a stereo amp, it is very good. Don't plug guitar into it; just use it as hi-fi if it works.

Yes it is Tube and someone else stated that the cleans are bad which is definately false! It's the Reverb that is BAD.

Ok I got the joke, I was a little late on that one!
My Gear:

Fender Strat w/Duncans
Hand Built(by me) guitar w/Duncans
Ibanez RG321MH
Bugera V22
Peavey Vyper 30 Watt
Xotic BB Preamp
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Digitech Hardwire Chromatic Tuner
Fender T-Bucket Acoustic
Digitech Bad Monkey
Last edited by Lynchworm at Mar 19, 2008,
Quote by TechnicolorType

Are you high? The VALVEking IS a tube amp and it is for GUITAR and NOT HI-FI.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
It can do pretty much anything but it will lack in the British tone area because its voiced more towards the modern american side of things.

I own one and love it, but i got bored last week and played on a 6505. Super bad mistake.. sat down dialed in my settings and feel in love. No pedals needed no eq just pure sweet tone. God i want that amp, the valveking was my rehab to see if i like tube amps and i had the cash for it. So I wanted to get something cheap to start with. But like a crackhead i went back and tasted the sweet juice again and now im feining for a 6505...
It'll do fine for what you're looking to play and you have more than enough pedals to handle anything that it might not be able to do. Definitely get a different cab for it and another thing that I like to suggest with it is to get a nice EQ.
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
the cleans are pretty decent but only with the bright switch on. its pretty much useless without it, especially if youre going to run a OD or distortion through the clean ch.
the distortion is really muddy but once you run a od or boost pedal its pretty decent. i havent changed the speaker yet but i have my avatar cab and it sounds much better through that.
Valveking CLIPS/Gear HERE
the cleans are pretty good compared to what ive heard. just very pure clean sounds, i dont really like the lead channel on mine its too fuzzy and farty i just use my array of boss pedals for distortion.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I masturbated in front of a mirror and I pretended Bob Barker was giving me a handjob.

Quote by Bazilisck311

You know you're a guitar player if the pianist at your wedding plays "Eruption"
Quote by MmmCesium

Valveking CLIPS/Gear HERE