I hope this is in the right place.

I couldnt find a thread on this band so I thought id make one. This can be thread discussing anything about the band and other things to do with them.

But I want to know in your opinion which is their best album.

thanks
I saw the vid for "Stacey's Mom" for the first time in about three years today.

I didn't know they were a serious band...
wait now they have an album????i just no stacys mom has got it goin on mannn
Quote by Allnightmask22

Alternatively, have your friends hold him down, then take a dump in his mouth, make sure your genitals don't touch him though, that's gay.

Quote by RageAgainst...
Teddy-Metal
for those who like to mosh, but just wanna cuddle afterwards

smashing pumkins fans=)^
They're actually a pretty good band, not a bunch of stupid kids like I thought from their Stacys mom song :/ They got a song called Red dragon tattoo, that's the coolest yo. In fact I wasn't sure they belong in this forum cos they aren't the same as Blink 182 or Fallout boy, they are a proper band! (but I can't think of anything else to class them as)
are they like a "one hit wonder" band?
Quote by innertom
So much down syndrome

remember UG Community? thought so.
they actually aren't bad even though I never really hear about them other than from the stacy's mom song
Oh f*ck it,
I'm gonna have a party.
I had the blankest year,
I watched life turn into a TV show.
It was totally weird.
Fountains of Wayne is one of the greatest pop bands i've heard since the beatles. Soooo musically diverse and talented. Not to mention the songwriting is that on another level. Also for anyone who is like "aren't these the guys who had that stacy's mom song?" just buy Welcome Interstate Managers and when you put it in your computer delete stacy's mom and then listen to it.

To summarize, I'm basically completely gay for this band.
All kinds of time
Radiation Vibe
Bright Future In Sales
HEY JULIE /me sings LOOK WHAT THEY'RE DOING TO ME! (one of my favorite songs ever)
MEXICAN WINE

I love this band and I highly reccomend you look farther than Stacy's Mom
Don't they like only have one song?
All I can say is.

Stacey's mum has got it going on.
GOODBYE BLUE SKY
haha, there's a thread on this on-hit wonder?
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing

I remember loving that Stacy's mom song. I didn't know who it was by I just thought it was disturbingly funny.
Quote by FghtFfYrDmns

HEY JULIE /me sings LOOK WHAT THEY'RE DOING TO ME! (one of my favorite songs ever)

That's a great song. Heard it in an episode of Scrubs!

I like these guys, but Stacey's Mom did get annoying... And it always bugged me that they had this great, poppy sound but they looked like right maudlin bastards in the video. Crack a smile, boys!
I'll be honest, I didn't know they had more than one song, but a friend introduced me to Valley Winter Song, and its really really outstanding
If UG had a One-Hit Wonder forum... perfect for fans of Fountains of Wayne and Soulja Boy
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Quote by _deeperthewound
Well, where else are they gonna go? I'd class them as pop-rock, like a good few other bands that are in this forum.

They would go in the alternative and indie forum without question. And they are not a one hit wonder. Seriously, go steal the album or whatever and listen to the best pop music since the beatles and just forget stacy's mom ever existed. And why is it the paramore fanatics who always hate on this band??
They are an amazing band,. One of my favorites. I thin Utopia Parkway is probably my favorite album, and Denis is probably my favorite song, but all of their stuff is amazing. even their b-sides record is great.

sad at how many "These guys have more than one record." or "nah, I don't listen to them" responses.
This is one of my two favourite bands alongside the Weakerthans.

This is a major thread bump, but a well deserved one in my opinion. I'd encourage anyone with a sweet tooth (and seeing as you're already perusing the Pop Punk Boards, I think we can assume this is a given!) to get their hands on a copy of Welcome Interstate Managers.

Stacy's Mom is the consummate example of a one-hit-wonder single, but I think that the best part about this band is that neither the band nor their fans expected a hit single, nor would they look for one again. It was a lovely little piece of exposure for one of the best Power Pop singles (and Power Pop bands) released in a very long time. The Major 3 to Minor 6 at the end of the chorus sucks me in every time.
Quote by CrashedTheShow3
Hooray! They're from a town near mine!

+1
Quote by travs2448
is the puppy solid state or tube?

Quote by diceksox1809
solid state. when she screams it pisses me off

^

Quote by GrizzlyFnAdams6
Dimebag had s*** tone and that guitar plays like an abortion. Come at me, bro!

Quote by jpatan
It's because Garth Brooks brings the ****in' br00tz.