I have two protected music files that I can only play in the WMP (Wal*Mart soundchecks of 'The Pretender' and 'My Hero', by the Foo Fighters that i got for buying the album from there). I want to be able to play them in iTunes, but it will not play them due to the liscence. Is there some way to break the protection or to at least be able to play them in iTunes? I hate having to open the WMP just to listen to them.
not legally. the best thing to do would be to download the music illegally or buy the album.
Deacon of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join
speed demon of the UG Jeepers
Member of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM Hamish5178 to join~
He did buy the album :P He got free tracks for buying it at walmart

Yeah I know whats its like, I hate trying to navigate the WMP library.
try google, search for DRM WMP converter or something similar and see what comes up, I know they exist but ive not had to use them before. and Im pretty sure this isnt illegal if there from Walmart and not microsoft of apple to begin with anyway if someone reports me for offering illegal info or some **** :P.

EDIT:

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

You can use that software to record your computers audio to MP3 files or whatever you like, then the files you have wont be protected, bit confusing at first maybe to me it was anyway.
If you burn the files to CD, you should be able to re-rip them into iTunes without any DRM restrictions.
Quote by buckethead_jr
^And known for that bloody awesome croissant with a crown.
Man that's badass.

MINE SIG R PINK
Alright, thank you guys, Nothing I google'd worked. Both of those programs I'd have to use a microphone for? I have audacity already (downloaded it a few weeks ago for messing around with playing guitar over tracks I made), but that blazemp thing also looks like it uses a mic. If so, my mic is very crappy quality...
Nope, audacity doesnt need a mic, you have to set the levels which can take some time, getting the output and input level and a few others, but it just records the sound internally, you can turn the speakers down while you do it, I do it all the time to get film quotes from youtube videos and Dvds.
no it records the sound that you would normally hear through your speakers. no mic needed
Deacon of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join
speed demon of the UG Jeepers
Member of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM Hamish5178 to join~