Quote by Caseyizzle
why is that?

I didn't click, but I am assuming that it was an MG.

They sound fizzy and digitized.
it was an avt.
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
Quote by imgooley
I didn't click, but I am assuming that it was an MG.

They sound fizzy and digitized.

its an AVT... still you could go better than that... its Ok at most

you could still go all tube for that price
Quote by tr3nt
it was an avt.

Oh my bad.... when I hear people ask about marshalls, my default is MG
Quote by Caseyizzle
why is that?

Because you can buy something for the same $630 price that doesn't sound like a glorified MG. What do you play? What budget? Just because it says Marshall, it doesn't mean you are going to get the "Marshall tone" you think it will have.
Quote by IFingeredFreddy
Because you can buy something for the same $630 price that doesn't sound like a glorified MG. What do you play? What budget? Just because it says Marshall, it doesn't mean you are going to get the "Marshall tone" you think it will have.

im in a gnr tribute band, ive got around a 700$ limit to spend on an amp, oh ya and i have a epi les paul standard
GET A TRAYNOR YCV40! much better investment for the money, all tube, and it gets great cleans and very good gain tone. It fits your budget exactly. It is a great sounding amp, and you will be much happier with that. And 40 watts tube is definetely more than enough for medium sized gigs.
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Traynor-YCV40-Custom-Valve-Combo-Amp?sku=480959

If you get the chance, try and talk to slatsmania about these, he is an expert on the YCV series.
There were new Traynor YCV50's on ebay the other day for $600. The YCV50 actually sounds more like an old Marshall than just about anything in the current Marshall catalog.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
Same with my Classic 50. When cranked, and the proper EQ is added, I swear i'm playing on an old marshall, although it's more of a vox voicing.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
^, ^^ Those are your main choices, the Traynor YCV's (the Blue is more similar to a classic Marshall sound) or the Peavey Classic. Really great amps, as opposed to a sh!tty amp with a Marshall logo on it, for about the same price.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
they state : Totally tube behavior and sound from a hybrid amp
I doubt the sucker would start overdriving any time soon.
Doowop dooby doo doowop doowah doolang
Blue days black nights doowah doolang!