Can you take a normal Boss pedal for these effects and feed an acoustic guitar into it? Will it be colored in any way? Are the new Fishman acoustic pedals really worth over twice what the Boss pedals are?
As far as I know delay, chorus and reverb pedals don't actually change the tone of the signal at all; they all do time based things so they should be fine for an acoustic.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Kurt Cobain used his normal Electro Harmonix small clone chorus and BOSS DS-2 distortion pedals on MTV Unplugged: Live in New York. they are both cheap pedals for electric guitars. They work fine. You can really hear how the DS-2 sounds during the chorus for the man who sold the world.
"A guitar is the human soul, speaking with just six strings..."- Eddie Lee

Irvine Kinneas of the Final Fantasy Elite - PM me, Ichikurosaki, Gallagher2006, or Deliriumbassist to join!
Quote by corndogggy
Isn't a distortion pedal for an Unplugged concert defeating the purpose?

Well I would have thought so but Kurt was a drugged up fool anyway so whatever.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.