Hey everyone. I need some advice about my amp... first off I'll start with that I use..

Peavey Bandit 112 (older model prolly 90's)
Boss MT2 Metal Pedal
Gold plated monster cables

So I've noticed over a while that whenever I engage the pedal, the amp makes a "louder than the tone" popping sound. I didn't think too much of it...

Until today... I cranked my amp today (something I can't do often cause I'm in an apartment) and just while playing it was making the popping noises almost every time I would strum.

I play pretty hard, and I pick the strings with some force... but it didn't really seem to stop when I played softer.

My best guess would be the speaker... but I really have no clue on how amps work, so here I am.... any advice?

Thanks.
Popping when you engage a pedal SHOULD only be the switch of the pedal, but I've only heard of it happening with pedals with the old style switches (think MXR/Dunlop), and not often with the newer switches like whats in that Metal Zone. Define these popping noises. Popping like bubble wrap popping?
My smaller amp makes popping sounds as well, if you never turn your amp up and then you turn it up really loud, it might do somthing to it, it happened to my amp. :P

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Hmm.. yeah, kinda like bubble wrap, but amplified bubble wrap, lol. It's louder than whats coming outta my guitar thats for sure.

It also sounds like garbage at higher volumes... but I'm betting thats just the solid state amp, hehe.