Hey guys, McAfee has randomly decided to quite simply die on me. I went downstairs to get a snack, and when I came back up my pc was starting up. Fine I thought, it decided to crash, nothing unusual.

What was unusual was McAfee telling me I was not protected in any way. I clicked fix, it told me it needed a response from me. It wanted me to verify my account, I clicked verify and I just get an McAfee pop-up telling me about an unexpected error and all that noise.

I tried a reboot and then a restore to no avail.

After telling my dad he attempted to reinstall McAfee on my pc, and after it denied us the download the really worrying thing appeared. We were signed in on someone elses account?! I have no idea who the e-mail address belonged to, but they had no products while we do. So he logged out and logged into our account and tried again. Failure once more.

All I can think of now is turning the pc off and leaving it until tomorrow, and if it is no different, call up McAfee I suppose.

Anyone here have any ideas?
Get rid of McAfee. Horrible piece of junk that never did any good for anyone. Call them up and hope they can fix your problem temporarily and then try to get hold of another program that won't kill your computer
How odd, I use McAfee and that's pretty out the ordinary for any program. Contact their support.
Quote by ctb
How odd, I use McAfee and that's pretty out the ordinary for any program. Contact their support.

It's the first problem I've ever had.

But yeah, I'll call them up tomorrow as it's late here.