ok, i LOVE metal. but i absolutely hate the growling, the screaming, and all of that. i find it ruins the music. I think metal would be much better WITHOUT vocals at all. Now i assume im gunna get tons of people that are gunna hate me for saying that, but im sure some people agree with me.
I think if it's done well it doesn't, but if they are done badly (Chris barnes, crappy melodeath bands) then it ruins the music. Shouting fits with almost every kind of metal.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
You do realize theres plenty of metal bands that don't scream or growl? Its the vocalists job to convey the atmosphere and emotion of the song. A band like Cannibal Corpse wants to make aggressive and violent music. If they sang like Running Wild it just wouldn't be the same and it would sound like ass. Saying it ruins the music is stupid, but saying its not your cup of tea is fine. Harsh vocals fit harsh music.
The Kovenant of Terror, Marshal of the Legion of Metal.

Quote by GID (Shamrock)
Br00tal, Terror Kovenant=metal's king

You'll get used to it.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.